Are You Read......

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Joe Archer, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Admin Mod

The reply was in regards to his O-line potentially taking a step back. Last year he was sacked only 15 times, and as many as 33 QB's were sacked more often.
    Historically, when teams are able to pressure Brady he turtles and becomes average to pedestrian.
    He owes A LOT of credit to the O-lines he has played behind.
    "A" top QB - still somewhat likely.
    "THE" top QB ... not so much.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...rady-remains-one-of-nfls-hardest-qbs-to-sack/
    "Pressure affects Brady statistically more than any other NFL quarterback. His completion percentage falls from 75.4 percent to 47.2 percent."

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...ects-tom-brady-more-than-any-nfl-quarterback/
    "Pressure impacts Tom Brady more than any NFL quarterback"
    <----<<<

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I would argue that Brady makes his Offensive line look better. His ability to find receivers and release the ball quickly with flawless execution of the system makes the O lines stats look better. We see it all the time with virtually every offensive player that goes to new england....they have career years.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/7/2...ive-line-receives-a-less-than-stellar-ranking

U of M Fan likes this.

3. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Let's see, the Lions have no defense, a patchwork offensive line and a coaching staff that's inept at best with the limited talent they have at their disposal...among many other issues. What could possibly go wrong with that combination? I say if they go 6-10 this year, that should be considered some sort of miracle.

4. U of M Fan

U of M Fan Premium Member

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2015_roster.htm
    3 rookie starters on the o-line and they won the Super Bowl. Your right it must be the o-line and not Brady????

DirtySteve likes this.
  5. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

Actually Robinson has impressed me so far. Doing a lot better than I thought he would do.

I think the bigger problem is how they're gonna generate a pass rush. Huge question mark. I think the young guys are gonna get even more of an opportunity now. I'm really excited for Anthony Zettel.

Hoping Golladay will beat out TJ Jones for the #3 spot. I think it'll be close, but think he will.

10-6

6. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Jones had bulked up big time. I've always liked the kid. Golladay has huge potential. Hopefully he has a good head on his shoulders, unlike another kid who had great potential, Titus Young.

TheLionsFan likes this.
  7. hypox

hypox

8. hawgeye

hawgeye

I change my foolish earlier prediction, 2-14. Man do they ever suck, I'm moving to NE!

U of M Fan and stickbow shooter like this.
  9. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I am changing mine also, hello 0-16. AGAIN. This team friggen blows. Strike that ,Super Bowl bound !!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    U of M Fan and hawgeye like this.
  10. jimbo

jimbo

I Thought it was a good game. I mean, what are these preseason games from?
    They're to get us conditioned for the regular season.
    I'm ready for the letdown again. Let the season begin

11. Jimbos

Jimbos Banned

NE just toyed with us, but I do give the Lions some credit for at least playing the game out like it mattered.
    Ruddock does not look all the bad, I'm hopeful.

12. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

I'm not a fan of the lions after 60 years if watching them lose but having watched the 1st couple of practice games I thought should be a little more opened minded and give them the benefit of the doubt this season. Then I watched the 1st quarter of the game last night. 24-0 in less than 15 minutes? What was I thinking....I should have known better.

MEL and stickbow shooter like this.
  13. pink_in_the_gills

pink_in_the_gills Premium Member

Im interested in seeing this elaborated on. The two O-Line/elite QB combos Id say Ive watched close enough to comment on are Brady and Elway. Both lines were very good when they were winning championships (although Elway towed a couple unworthy teams on his back in his early years and lost in the end). How were the lines of the other greats, to those who know and have been watching longer than me?

14. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

He keeps this up we will most likely lose him after rookie contract is up..

15. U of M Fan

U of M Fan Premium Member

Brady won 2 years ago and they started 3 rookies on the o-line. And Denvers O-line were notorious chop blockers.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    DirtySteve likes this.