APR's Detroit news article

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by onenationhere, Aug 26, 2020.

1. swampbuck

swampbuck

Shooting the young bucks to prevent dispersal is good for the health of the herd, older age structure, not so much

And the research done at QDMA and MUCC’s request has clearly demonstrated that APR’s increase the prevalance of CWD

Do it if you want, its legal. But dont pretend its good for the health of the herd. Every person here knows it isnt.

It is kind of funny that those groups shot themselves in the.....foot

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. toto

toto

What I can't get my head around is this: I've seen bill boards expounding on the virtues of QDMA or APR's, fine. But here's my problem with it, and it would seem to me that the article kinda works in my favor on my thinking. IF we have to have a deer grow to 4 years old instead of 3 years old to be shootable, doesnt' that mean we have extra full year class of animals running around? The secondary question to that would be, if that is so, than aren't we encouraging the spread of CWD? After all, isn't that part of the argument on CWD that these deer get it from too many in one area? Then of course we have a habitat problem with all the extra deer out an about eating themselves out of house and home. Frankly, this is just another example of "Social" becoming involved with our outdoor pursuits, and that's really the problem.

3. Craves

Craves

It is kind of sad that you still don't get the fact that you publically stated you would drive to an area that you don't normally hunt (when you did hunt) to kill an animal out of spite.

Strike that...it is sad and says a lot about your character.

Why Steve or whomever runs this place continues to let a supposed Sportsmen like you to play in this sandbox is beyond belief.

4. swampbuck

swampbuck

That was in response to someone a long time ago who was giving me a hassle, sarcasm if I remember correctly.

I have always based my actions on observation not antlers, and in my area, that generally is within or below capacity due to poor habitat. Button bucks, ARE the right choice. Lot easier to drag also.

How many bulls does a cattle farmer keep and why, think about it. Our job in the grand scheme of things isnt to grow antlers. It is a deer herd within carrying capacity.

We have been seeing Cedar regeneration lately, its a good thing.

Now with CWD, it has been proven (Thanks qdma and mucc) that killing bucks of all ages is essential to control of disease.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Eric Bee, Justin and motdean like this.
  5. Craves

Craves

Sarcasm...sure.

You have been called out on that post since you wrote it & now it is sarcasm (if you remember correctly).

And the beat goes on...

sniper and Sparky23 like this.
  6. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

He has said the button buck thing multiple times. Honestly I think he is peta. He pushes as hard as he can to let peta decide our laws for us. And since he doesn't even hunt who knows. That's scary that there are so many followers on a sportsmen site that agree and blindly follow someone that helps to push our laws into the hands of anti's.

Tracker83 likes this.
  7. sniper

sniper

Dude you were anti everything long before cwd was thought of in MI. Now that it’s here, you use it as a crutch for all your dispositions. It’s pathetic. Is Roscommon (you know the place you used to hunt) even a cwd hot zone?? I’m not saying you shouldn’t care, but to use cwd as a kickstand for all your hate of certain groups, certain science and certain political heads is wrong. There are many areas of this state that have good deer hunting, and there are reasons why they are good. Admit it, you just can’t stand seeing other people having success. Its so glaring.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Dish7 likes this.
  8. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

We all got the point at some time during the last 28 times you posted this. It has become repetitive.

spikekilla and FREEPOP like this.
  9. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

I always take it that's the "and the beat goes on"

10. sniper

sniper

So has swampys thousand posts of how QDM has ruined Michigan set in with you yet? Talk about Groundhog Day.

Craves and Dish7 like this.
  11. swampbuck

swampbuck

Oh , I have no problem with killing them and have, probably will some more also, buck or doe, but you are referring to a specific post a long time ago. And I think in that case It was part of a not so civil discussion.

Maybe I will blast one or two this year, so we can start over. Should be easy with the new brown its down regs....I like veal also.

Dear management isnt growing antlers, it is making responsible decisions to achieve a healthy deer herd, with numbers in balance with habitat. It has changed with CWD, but its pretty obvious some have other priorities.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    FREEPOP likes this.
  12. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Technically wouldn't PETA save lots of deer resulting in monster bucks?? Maybe 1 buck tag per person & no antlerless tags. I'd settle with 1 monster buck per year.

U do realize QDMA & proMAPR groups decided our new hunting regulations..?? They have pushed for years that MI has to many deer, well here ya go 10 antlerless tags & a never ending season.

13. sniper

sniper

B your in Hillsdale county. The mecca for female deer. You should have zero issues killing 10 does and then some. If you need tips on how to do so, ask your neighbors. Honestly around my area of Hillsdale, I haven’t heard of anyone complaining about doe numbers since the early 80’s. Just an observation.

Sparky23 and kisherfisher like this.
  14. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Your area is way different than mine. No kidding I saw 2 does in 2009 during all of oct & nov. Things have changed for the better, more does & bucks. Rutting activity is great. Pick the most perfect evening next summer to drive around looking for deer in the bean fields, we'll get together & u can check out my area for yourself

sniper and Waif like this.
  15. sniper

sniper

Them does are definitely afraid of your girls.