Approx. value of Remington 1100

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by Freddie, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Freddie

Freddie

I have this Rem. 1100, 12 ga. 2 3/4 chamber, 30" barrell, full choke, that has been sitting in a case for 15 yrs.
    Thinking of trading towards a small fishing boat for my sons to use.

This gun is in great shape, what would the approx. value be for this shotgun????

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

3. WoW.

WoW.

That is a pretty good guess.

Many would say that the 30 year old guns are better than the newer ones.

4. Gil Martin

Gil Martin

My friend just bought an excellent used 1100 with a 28 inch modified vent rib barrel for $299.00. I bought a mint 1100 3 inch with a 28 inch vent rib barrel for $250.00. So it depends. All the best...
    Gil

5. Freddie

Freddie

I thought it would be worth more than that, not worth getting rid of it for that , I did look at MGO, cool forum.

Thanks to all!~!!!!

6. brookie1

brookie1

If it really is in good condition I would be suprised if you got less than 400 for it. There are a few on gunbroker and the only one with a starting price less than 400 is in bad shape. There is one with a similar description to yours except that it appears to be unfired and the bid is at 631.00. The trick is to find the right buyer.

7. Freddie

Freddie

I was thinking it was in the area of $400.00 to $600. range. But then we always think its worth more if you own it.

The 30" barrell is to long for my son, price from Cabella's for a replacement is approx. $230.00...thanks

8. brookie1

brookie1

30 inch full choke is typically a duck/goose barrel, but maybe that's what you do. You could always sell the old barrel for 100 to 150, buy the new barrel, and be all set. Those older Remingtons really are solid guns. My goto for partridge is a 20 gauge / 28 inch modified made in the early 70's. It probably has 10,000 rounds through it with all the trap shooting we used to do.

9. WoW.

WoW.

Have it cut shorter and threaded for choke tubes and kill two birds with one stone.

Or, just look for a used barrel which I know that you can get a whole lot cheaper than a new one. Still, length may be an issue as they are few and far between any shorter than 26".

10. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

When I was looking, I couldn't find a Rem OEM barrel shorter than 26". Now the 26" I put on there seems just right for my uses.

11. Freddie

Freddie

26" was what I think I want. Thought I would keep the 30" for any duck in future. I purchased the gun when I was young and foolish, didn't know what I needed. Did a little duck, but mostly rabbit/pheseant.

It's not my only shot gun

12. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Only takes a couple of seconds to swap barrels. Chop that 30" down to 19" and you have one hell of a home defense shotgun. Add a two shot mag extension with the cut barrel and you have one of my PD shotguns. It can be changed back out and ready to hit the field in under 3 minutes. :)

13. bigmac

bigmac

but if you chop it...you can't swap it, under 30 seconds:lol:

14. folpak

folpak

im no gun expert by any means but the only 1100's ive seen listed for 300-350 are in real rough shape. I seem to see way more in the $450-$500 range. H*ll whats a new one cost ? $1000? I would at least list it for what you want. Worst that will happen is you wont sell it...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  15. wally-eye

wally-eye Guest

But they usually don't sell in that range 450/550.

Heck a couple of years ago I sold a16 year old 1100 3 in Magnum with high gloss stock that had been shot less than 25 times for $425, gun was premo and looked good as new or better..... took forever to sell........