Anyone shoot'n any yotes?

Discussion in 'Basic Varmint Hunting Techniques' started by stickem, Sep 8, 2008.

1. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

What kind of prices are you getting and who is your buyer?

IMO, less than $20 to skin, flesh and stretch one is not "good money".

2. lccpopo494

lccpopo494

I'm sure during firearm deer season all the yotes out are "are doing or about to do damage on private property.":lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015

3. stickem

stickem

they sure are:Dthey were harrasing the deer:D

4. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

:yeahthat:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  5. MarkSend

MarkSend

Close, 30-40$ is more the range, of course depends on the hide. Who the buyer is not clue sale takes place in a Canadain auction house.

6. griffondog

griffondog

There weren't many 30 doller Michigan coyotes last year. Maybe a few December caught with big white bellies. Most of our coyotes end up as trim on coats.

Griff

7. anon3292009

anon3292009 Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Close, 30-40$ is more the range, of course depends on the hide. Who the buyer is not clue sale takes place in a Canadain auction house."

I agree. I got royally screwed by NAFA on coyotes once and will never ship a skin to them ever again. That said, state association auctions are great places to sell furs. You get numerous buyers from all over and the competiton for skins usually gets you the best prices in the state.

8. Cobra

Cobra

Took a nuisance 'yote for a farmer last weekend, decent size, looked like crap.

9. michiganhonkers

michiganhonkers Guest

ive had a CRAPLOAD of coyotes across from my house for the last few nights yipping like crazy. Last night it sounded like a dog fight with 5+ dogs when my motion detector (light) turned on, i looked out the window and saw a deer run by so i took a walk out in the blueberry field this morning to find what i expected to find, a dead fawn lying on the edge of the field :rant:. Tonight the same thing in almost the same spot, i dont know if they went back to it to tear it up some more or what. Kinda thinking about getting the ole .308 out and plinking one of those mutts...anyone interested in blasting some pm me im sure the landowner could care less if you shot the crap out of them. I live 10 miles east of grand haven.

10. wecker20

wecker20

just got my 1st one Sat. 11am! Have been seeing two every night for the last 4 nights right up by my horses, house, and barn. One stood 50 yds from me one evening and didn't run until my dog took after it...(100+lb Malamute) Finally took one with the 7 mag. at 150 yds. Sighted it to 300 yds after I shot him and I'm ready for the other one. Not getting why I'm seeing them so early and so close to the house. I've looked for a den and the only place I can think of is actually in the barn. They're kinda ticking me off when their following our little horse (still big enough to kill a yote with a kick) I'm wanting to get into calling and hunting them. What should I look for when looking for a den? Should be one close to the house.

11. Mitchell Ulrich

Mitchell Ulrich

I've only got 2 so far, but only had a 3 day hunt. As far as waiting for them to prime up, I really don't care. Why freeze your butt off if ya' don't have to.

12. SNAREMAN

SNAREMAN

Coyote's only use a den while the pup's are very small.The rest of the year they use the same type bedding cover as deer (blow-down's,corn field's,cat-tail swamp's ect..)

13. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

Was out last Thurs Sept 25th, and saw a couple of ground dens. Tracks were very heavy into one of them Hole is rally quite small-6" or just over.

14. SNAREMAN

SNAREMAN

Sound's like fox to me

15. wecker20

wecker20

Thanks, I'll stop looking for something that probably isn't there. Haven't seen #2 around, must of smartend up after seeing his friend get taken out. I guess my next step is getting more educated with them and hunting them mornings and evenings. Not really into the night thing with only a shotgun or rim fire. Can I be out with a rifle before shooting hours in the a.m. while hunting for coyotes on private land?