close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone looking for an ice fishing quad?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by plugger, Jul 22, 2017.

1. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I saw this on Craig's list. If I didn't already have a grizzly I would be after this one. Grizzlys make an awesome ice machine. grizzlys have good ground clearance, a diff lock, power to spare, and clearance for chains and larger tires. They also are as dependable as anything going.

https://centralmich.craigslist.org/snw/d/yamaha-grizzly/6224252283.html

2. Scales N Tails

Scales N Tails Banned

May be a good machine but have to disagree big-time on comment, as dependable as anything going. Can't beat a Honda in any area! Been around them all and wouldn't own anything else! Dependability and reliability for long cold runs on bay never been let down on owning a Honda ever!

chuckinduck likes this.

3. plugger

plugger Premium Member

Our area with deep lake effect snow may be different than yours. My son has the big Honda but when the snow gets deep with ice layers his quad stays on the trailer. Without a front diff lock and not being able to chain the front he cant come close to going where I can. I have had Honda quads since 1988, still have the 88 but they are a work horse not a deep dodo machine. If you would put tracks on one they would be good.

4. Scales N Tails

Scales N Tails Banned

Have used mine from Saginaw Bay to Northern Michigan to Northern Ontario to Southern Ontario at Simcoe. Mild to very extreme conditions/situations! Never been let down yet...with chain's on all four! Knock on wood. JMO and personal experiences

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  5. plugger

plugger Premium Member

Up here everyone has problems sometimes. Four years ago they canceled the NAFIC tournament because conditions were so bad, even snowmobiles and tracked quads couldn't go.

6. Scales N Tails

Scales N Tails Banned

That's when nothing gets thru so cant compare anything to the wrath that mother nature gives us!

plugger likes this.