Anyone looking for a smaller hunting parcel or know the best place to sell one.

Discussion in 'Land Sale - Buy - Lease' started by joel82fishman, Mar 27, 2018.

1. joel82fishman

joel82fishman

Im currently working on buying a home on some land and hate to part with my hunting spot but really don't see me using it much if I get this house. I have 10.98 acres in Midland county right across the street from Mount Pleasant. The front 1/3 is swamp but there is a camping spot that's nice and dry. I have a camper on it but I don't think I will be selling it. Power isn't far right across the road and at the back of the property. This is recreational land and would need some extensive improvement to build if it's even possible. It's close to state land within 5 minutes, 10 minutes to soaring eagle, 2 minutes to a horse riding stable, 15 minutes to the Chippewa river for fishing/canoeing.

Anyone care to chime on on value? Especially being it's recreational land?

Anyone know any Facebook groups or other ways I may sell this?

Lastly anyone ever sell on land contract? I'm sure I will get some land contract responses when I decide to post it.

2. LAND REALTOR

LAND REALTOR

If you decide you want to list it, I'm an agent in Midland County with Homewaters Recreational Real Estate. Even if you don't list, feel free to call me and we can talk pricing.
    -Preston- 989.513.1306

Liver and Onions and Swampdog467 like this.

3. WoW.

WoW.

Value, 2500 to 3K per acre, depending on how wet it is and what your neighbors are like. M20 between Mt P and Midland has only Oil City in between and that is not high dollar. But, it can be some good hunting along there too. The kicker is, finding the right buyer that wants a very small chunk of hunting ground that probably cannot be used for anything else.

4. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

I would like to recommend LAND REALTOR. He worked very hard for me when I was looking for property, ended up buying a parcel he was the listing agent for. I felt that he did a good and fair job for buyer and seller in that transaction.

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

LAND REALTOR likes this.
  5. WoW.

WoW.

Great but, if he was in fact a disclosed dual agent, nobody got the full level of service.

6. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

I was trying to comment that I had a great experience working with this person. I got land for good price, the seller got a price they were willing to sell for. Everyone left the closing happy.

I got a level of service in my search that I never expected. Multiple trips over the course of nearly a year, many miles with boots on the ground through swamps, woods, deep snow, nearly forty different parcels looked at with no guarantee I was buying anything.
    You're right, I got a level of service far beyond full.

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

storman and jr28schalm like this.
  7. WoW.

WoW.

8. WoW.

WoW.

Apparently, you do not understand the legal aspects of agency relationships. It is good that you like your chunk of ground.

9. joel82fishman

joel82fishman

Thanks for the replies guys I'm going on be up there probably sometime this month and snap some pictures. Although it's only a little over 10acres the anemities around there should make it appealing. Plus there is only a neighbor on one side. The other sides are large parcels and state land is very close by.

baydog2 likes this.
  10. joel82fishman

joel82fishman

I'm thinking I will ask 15k for it. It's a smaller parcel but that should make it appealing to maybe a father/son that wants camping/hunting land. Tax assessor says it's worth 12500. Do you still double that to get a rough value of the property?

baydog2 likes this.
  11. joel82fishman

joel82fishman

Sorry for all the questions lol. I might even consider a land contract. Anyone ever sell on a land contract before? I have been doing a little research about them. Seems like a win win for me. A little cash in my pocket then make extra with interest. But if someone stops paying how difficult is it to get your land back?

12. jeff hyman

jeff hyman

are you still looking to sell? and what are you asking?
    are you open to land contract?
    if this is where i think it is i am interested
    thank you jeff hyman

13. choc24/7

choc24/7

any waterfowl in the swamp? to close to road to hunt?

14. Mike Zainea

Mike Zainea

Did you get some pictures? Do you have a number I can call?

15. aacosta

aacosta