Anyone know any good fishing spots around Holland? I’ll fish for just about anything.

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by FishHippie, Sep 18, 2020.

1. FishHippie

FishHippie

I just moved to Holland and have been checking out a couple spots recently. Anyone know of any decent places? I’ll fish lakes, ponds, rivers, what have you for just about any species. I don’t have a boat though. Thanks for the help everyone!

2. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

River at Hamilton is good this time of year all the wat thru to late next spring

FishHippie likes this.

3. FishHippie

FishHippie

Thanks! I’ll try that out

4. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Try off the north pier in Holland. We use to get small mouth and perch in the river channel. There are a lot of walleye go up the river there but mostly in the spring. Go toPort Sheldon and fish the river channel for pike all the way up to when the ice starts

FishHippie likes this.
  5. FishHippie

FishHippie

Thanks a lot! I will definitely hit up those spots. I’ve never caught a pike before so hopefully I’ll catch my first one here in MI soon.

6. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Try a spoon with a lot of flash or a minnow under a bobber. We use to troll the channel all the way up until it froze but we had a boat. There are muskies in there also. A guy I work with caught one that was around 42 inches long. This was at Port Sheldon. If the board walk is still there fish all along it

FishHippie likes this.
  7. FishHippie

FishHippie

Awesome, thank you so much for the help. That sounds like a great time.

8. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

From the end of May to mid June head to Kollen Park and fish the board walk by the pickle factory. Lots of big sheephead. Should be able to catch catfish there now

9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I lived in holland 20 yrs ago and fished all over from shore. If you want to fun fish for anything it was tough to beat the saugatuck pier. I fished holland alot but saugatuck seemed like it had more fish and you could catch anything there. Holland pier was great on certain days and dead on others. Seemed like saugatuck had alot more fish hanging around. Giant catfish and carp were common. But everything from salmon to steelhead to walleye was hanging around saugutuck. Lots of browns at times of the year. Saugatuck has a great steelhead run in the spring. Perch and bass are available at times at both holland and saugatuck. The early mornings and after dark i caught walleye in the channel at holland.

There are also some great little trout streams in the allegan stateland that feed into Kalamazoo river. Most of them had rainbows.

Grand haven was my favorite pier to fish but it was a bit further. Whitefish in the late fall was good there. Steelhead that time of year too. The later the better.

Walleye Wizard and FishHippie like this.
  10. FishHippie

FishHippie

Thank you very much! I’ll try those spots out.