Anyone hunt fish point this morning 10/17

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Adam Peterson, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Adam Peterson

Adam Peterson

Just wondering if anyone hunted FP today and how many partys there were? Maybe a little info on the hunting!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. pintail charlie

pintail charlie

3. StackemHigh

StackemHigh

4. slammer

slammer

95 parties and we were 80 in line. Went to the bay and didn't see squat except for a few early buzzers.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. BassFisher91

BassFisher91

Slammer, I noticed you are from Holly. Me too. You do any hunting around our parts? Not asking where, just if. Maybe I've run into you before.

6. limige

limige

Wow still that many...

Hunted Geiger rd today lots of trailers in the lot busy place
    didn't see a whole lot. Not really a ton of shooting either. I had shots on two pairs that came by. Saw a single and triple while heading in but came home empty

ended up swamping the boat pulling dekes so I had a good old time bailing and pulling gear not a soul came to lend a hand. Fortunately it was warm the water isn't too deep and I didn't venture too far from shore. Can't wait to get my wooden boat finished up that thing is gonna be sweet.

So where's all the birds at?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mholland

mholland

Hunted there this AM. Got an OK draw all things considered, but came home with just 1 mallard for the 3 of us. Huge flocks pouring into refuge before daylight as usual - almost seemed like more than usual, but the shooting just never picked up. Had over 20 mallards in the blocks just before shooting time, but they left with about 5 minutes to spare and never saw more than a group of 3-4 after that. Figured with the strong wind, they would be pushed in off the bay and not sitting around too much, but not the case today!

Also, not sure the party count for the pm draw, but all the tags were turned when we checked back in.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  8. slammer

slammer

You know I have never hunted ducks around here and I don't know why. I guess I don't know enough about the area and usually couple ducks, deer and grouse/woodcock every weekend so I head a bit north. There is a lot of shooting out here at first light on the weekends, field hunters I am guessing. I would love to hear about your experience if you want to PM me.

Take care.

9. duckcall

duckcall

72 parties in the pm, i drew 70th :dizzy:.

10. limige

limige

That sucks did you end up hunting? What kind of action?
    Posted via Mobile Device

11. WalleyeSlayer11

WalleyeSlayer11

I drew 65th outta the mess of 72 parties and took the last water spot. Got 2 ducks and wiffed 2x on a pair of teal and that was it.

12. duckcall

duckcall

im done going on the weekends during the week if i get drawn last i can still get a decent field.

13. Bayport

Bayport

Hunted Wild Foul Bay on the 17th. Only one green wing teal. One flock of blue bills circled once.

14. quackmaster

quackmaster

1st in the Draw Saturday AM out of 95 parties (Still in disbelief). We managed 6 mallards - 5 drakes (one band), 1 hen. Suprisingly most of the drakes were full color. Not too much shooting going on and not many groups working the fields. All our ducks were singles or pairs. Decent water and good crops and cover this year.