close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone ever fish Murphy lake?

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by kosinskijim, Jul 15, 2012.

1. FredBearYooper

FredBearYooper

We were catching all of ours on shakey heads and jigs

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Mvillecowboy

Mvillecowboy

Anyone ever do any bowfishing out there at night for carp?

3. countryboy17

countryboy17

Cowboy we tried it one night to test out our boat we had just rigged up. Lots of small carp only shot one over 10lbs

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Steve-o

Steve-o

Hello, I'm brand new on here. I wanted to let you guys know that there is at least 1 Musky still in the lake. My brothers and I were in about 7' of water and I had my camera down watching for anything interesting. I couldn't believe what swam into view. At least a 30" musky. It was amazing. I thought I must be wrong so I showed my brother and got a Holy crap out of it. There wasn't a ton of activity but what we did see was pretty good.

MOTOMAN91 and Ralph Smith like this.
  5. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Welcome to the site...just to let you know, I've been guilty of it myself.....check the date of the post...the one right before yours was from July, 2012 ;) Thanks for the info...years ago it was a rearing area for tiger musky.

6. Steve-o

Steve-o

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure if anyone would ever read it but I wanted to share the info with someone First time using an accurate view. Worked really well..great picture.

7. Steve-o

Steve-o

That was supposed to be accu view

Ralph Smith likes this.
  8. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

You can set up your email, so that anytime there's a post on a thread you've commented in, you will get an update sent to you. I commented somewhere in there years ago, so that's why I saw it. Anytime you need anything, just ask, most are willing to help anyone new out. And lots of times other members that have known each other for years will badger each other back and forth, but to the unknowing, it looks like someone is being a real d..k..:lol:

9. Steve-o

Steve-o

Appreciate it looks like a good crowd. I don't normally get involved much but I was shocked when I saw the Musky!! Have a great night and thank you very much!!

Ralph Smith likes this.
  10. Corey K

Corey K

Anything is possible but, if it was a musky it's there by accident or someone put it in there. It isn't "left" either since they only had Tiger Muskies in there, no natural reproduction.

Either way nice size fish!

Usually the vis is pretty low in that lake from the few times I've ice fished it, decent vis otherwise.

11. Bomba

Bomba Premium Member

Pike? lots of people confuse them with muskie.. Chances of it being a muskie are very slim as Corey said.