ANYBODY USING A SIREN TO LOCATE COYOTES IN THE DAY OR NIGHT TIME.

Discussion in 'Michigan Predator Hunting' started by GOBBLERS ROOST, Jan 9, 2021.

1. GOBBLERS ROOST

GOBBLERS ROOST

ANYBODY USING A SIREN TO LOCATE COYOTES IN THE DAY OR NIGHT. IF YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL, COULD YOU TELL ME YOUR CALLING SEQUENCE WITH THE SIREN. HOW FAR YOU PLACE YOUR BUDDY AWAY FROM THE GUY RUNNING THE SIREN AND WHAT ARE YOUR PERCENTAGES IN GETTING ONE TO HOWL. THANKS ROY ----STAY SAFE

2. goldboat

goldboat

I live near a small town in the thumb close enough to hear the noon whistle. This summer and fall when i was outside at noon if the coyotes were in the area they would go crazy howling. They were easy to locate which direction they were in.

3. Tactical Assist

Tactical Assist

Never tried a siren call

But when the train goes by (about 1/2 mile from the farm) coyotes go ape s*** when they blow the train Whistle
    Wish my callers had a train whistle call :)

TriggerDiscipline and DBosch like this.
  4. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

My son lived down just se of Lansing near the RR track.
    He noted that the coyotes liked the train whistles.

I believe the frequency hurts their ears. My neighbor years ago had a lab that stayed outside most all the time. When ever the ambulance headed for the freeway ramp behind us
    the dog howled long before we heard the siren.

TriggerDiscipline and Nork like this.
  5. bearnugent

bearnugent

I should step outside and listen here in Sister Lakes. The whistle goes off every day at noon and 6.

6. NoContest

NoContest

Would be ok for scouting. I would not use to hunt personally. Coyote locator calls work better for me when warrented.

7. Chessieman

Chessieman

Be a good time to go out if they check their storm sirens once a month at 1 PM. Might be interesting to make a steam whistle, the old ones are not to expansive.