Anybody have any idea what Pennsylvania is doing for CWD?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by motdean, Aug 14, 2020.

1. motdean

motdean

Would anyone call this a success?

From the Pennsylvania Chronic Wasting Disease Response Plan.

upload_2020-8-14_9-58-10.png

From what I have been able to gather, they are now at least removing APR's in the Containment Zones, but leaving them for the other areas.

....and Michigan charges ahead and places APR's IN the CWD zones...go figure.

2. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

They've been talking about removing maprs from cwd management zones,, will they finally this year??

Really no point in making this post, msf is basically a qdm site, antlers more important than spread of disease.

miruss, Woodstock, swampbuck and 3 others like this.

3. motdean

motdean

The point being that Penn had them and in just 8 short years, they are seeing an almost 7% prevalence.

Penn’s plan NOW calls for the removal of them in the containment zone.

#wakeupMichiganNRC

4. sniper

sniper

Not surprising this thread fell short.

#deadhorsebeatings

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. motdean

motdean

Well, the dead horse will continue to be beat until changes in the regulations are made.

If you notice those that promoted this regulation have not once provided scientific evidence as to why the regulation was put into effect.

It was a complete and epic failure of the NRC to tell the DNR what to do.

(By the way, I hope that you realize that the thread caught at least two flies on the dead horse this morning.)

Perhaps one of you could or would post up some scientific evidence as to why this was put into effect.

By the way, do you care to acknowledge what Pennsylvania has done with respect to APR's in their CWD zones?
    And, finally, are either of you willing to wager whether it will make it through year 3? ;)

Woodstock and Hunters Edge like this.
  6. Dish7

Dish7

Step up and fill the 36 tags your family is allotted...in the name of disease control.

Wild Thing likes this.
  7. mbrewer

mbrewer

Your "nothing to see here" is a lazy man's argument. If the facts could be argued, they would be.

8. mbrewer

mbrewer

A pretty good start if you're trying to determine a Wins Above Replacement value.

9. motdean

motdean

;)

Batter up!!

10. Dish7

Dish7

Not the point I guess. We get it. The experiment is a bad idea. All is lost. Everyone talks a good game in the off season. Come October 1, we will kill what we kill.

sniper likes this.
  11. motdean

motdean

What are the original proponents of this regulation doing now? Are they petitioning the NRC to get rid of it or doubling down on it?

...and why was it not addressed in the most most recent set of regulations? The modeling data was there and available.

12. mbrewer

mbrewer

Talk is cheap. And so is the NRC.

We will kill what we kill within the confines of law.

Baybum and motdean like this.
  13. Dish7

Dish7

I don't know but I'm sure you do, lol. How many times are you going to "double down" on the same questions, in who knows how many threads now, just so you can and brew can do a virtual high five? :lol: Batter up...:rolleyes:
    No need to answer. I'll leave you alone. I'm sure your third will be along soon to complete your circle, lol.

sniper likes this.
  14. Dish7

Dish7

Not too many confines currently...kill away.

15. Justsayin

Justsayin

Once again, what wildlife experts recommended, hunters wouldn't accept. PA proposed removing APR's in entire CWD DMA's, in the end they were removed only in very small designated containment zones. I thought it was telling how the final narrative was changed as well, from data driven reasoning, to align with the same bs focused overwhelmingly on antlerless increases. Has all the earmarks of Q-spin doctors hands in the messaging...

At least PA has focused on having and executing a CWD Management Plan with continued, consistent level testing and adaptive strategies based on local prevalence. Michigan has walked away from any formal CWD plan, providing only obligatory lip service, words in conflict with actions.

A very clear and predictable pattern has emerged even though few want to recognize it. States where wildlife agencies are driving the bus have had greater success in limiting the spread & prevalence. States opting to share the drivers seat, or like MI, have pushed experts to the back seats, are fairing far, far worse. Choices and consequences, desire vs resource, today vs tomorrow... We have options and opportunities to change the impact today that won't even be possible tomorrow.

PA's original proposal stated:
    PA 2020 APR Recommendation.png and the revised:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.23.01 AM.png

mbrewer likes this.