close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody fish the ditch this weekend?

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by salmonslammer, Jul 17, 2017.

1. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Taking my friend out this afternoon... she only has about 3 hrs to fish and was wondering if anybody has a good starting point?

Still set up from the bay so I figured I would run the ditch or one of the channels....

2. chasing em

chasing em

I fished it before the weekend on Thursday or Friday. My days have blended together this week. Up stream from 27-28 queens side of the ditch. Water had a stain to it. Six on crawler harnesses 30 foot out one ounce of weight at 1.3 antifreeze was the best. They stopped hitting crawlers and we switched over to 600 Reef runners and put them 50 foot out running about 12 foot down at 1.8 and finished off our other six purple demon I think was the best not sure on the name but it was solid purple on the back. Good luck to you out there SS

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    ggoblue, cast and tug and jumbojake like this.

3. Bob D

Bob D

Found fish on the green side last two weekends. Probably still on the other side too but wind conditions put me on the green side the previous weekend, so I stayed there yesterday. When that SW wind starts whistling, it gets kinda rough up there.

jumbojake likes this.
  4. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Thanks for the info guys... going to burn the last of my crawlers and switch over to spoons.

Just waiting on the phone call now...

Tryin2 likes this.
  5. hookster

hookster

6. hookster

hookster

Been fishing north of dumping grounds doing very well. Yellows and greens and black harnesses with bb.. Many quality perch in the mix.

ggoblue and salmonslammer like this.
  7. hookster

hookster

Been doing very well north of the dumping grounds. Greens yellows and black are the colors with bottom bouncers Many quality perch in the mix.

ggoblue likes this.
  8. Dr Hyatt

Dr Hyatt

9. Dr Hyatt

Dr Hyatt

Everyone talks about the ditch. Where is the ditch?

10. birdhntr

birdhntr

Shipping channel

11. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Well we didnt crush em, by any stretch of the imagination...

Did manage to get her first walleye so I guess that counts as a success!

[​IMG]

Also managed 2 others... all 3 came on firetiger harnesses. Everything else just seemed to catch convicts..

[​IMG]

Too bad they were dinks... probably caught 30 of em today. Went thru 5 dozen crawlers today.

Weeds werent bad, but they were getting there... both floating and on the bottom.

Didnt catch anything else but perch and eyes today... out by the ditch...Kings side.

ggoblue, 6667supersport and jumbojake like this.