anybody fish long lake in hale

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by outdoor junkie, Sep 16, 2003.

1. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie

just bought a cabin on the lake and heard its full of walleyes, but tricky to fish. wonderin if theres a good pike fishery in the lake or panfish. heard there used to be tiger musky, any still around? any tips would be appreciated.

2. n.pike

n.pike

Good walleye fishery at the west end, lots of bass too. Best time to fish is the fall after the jet skis are gone, from may to august its packed. Really good place to ice fish. I have not heard of a musky in over 10 years coming out of there. Check out the bait shop next to the long lk bar, he knows the lake really well.

3. RichP

RichP

I fished there a few weeks ago. Definitely agree with the statement about the jetskis. They were all over the place. The lake is really shallow. Most spots less than 5 feet. We found a lot of gills and perch in every spot we tried but they were not big enough to keep. In the deepest spots we could find, around 8 feet deep, we used crawler harnesses and caught some walleye, though they were all in the 10-12" range. Good luck.

4. ManillaKilla

ManillaKilla Guest

It's got some huge catfish in there, too.

5. outdoorzman1

outdoorzman1

Hey outdoor Junkie well you moved onto a nice lake. I have a cabin by there as well and I am up there every weekend. I fish there all the time for walleye and bass. It is a great walleye fishery. I have limited out there several times the trick is knowing were to go out there. If you ever want to go out and fish it drop me a line. And for whoever said that the lake is a shallow one I think you may be thinking of a different lake. The lake is pretty deep in a lot of areas there are some shallow areas but for the most part it is a deep body of water. Oh and there is some BIG CAT FISH IN THERE if you fish for walleye enough you will hook one. I got a monster channel cat trolling a crawler harness. WOW what a fight.

6. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie

thanks for the input. I thought it was a pretty deep lake, i marked a hole straight out from my cabin at 58 feet and found most of my end of the lake to be over thirty, i may have to take you up on your offer and get ahold of you for some pointers.

7. outdoorzman1

outdoorzman1

Hey outdoor junkie where is your cabin located at on the lake. In the section by the launch the mniddle section or the far west section? What do you like to fish for? There are some monster SMALLIES in there as well not many of them but I have caught two one over 5lb and the other was just over 3 and released both of them back.

8. ManillaKilla

ManillaKilla Guest

outdoorzman1, what time of year do you have your best success for walleyes? During the summer, between battling the power boats and jet skis, I can't catch any walleyes. Do you do any good in the summer?

9. outdoorzman1

outdoorzman1

Hey Manillakilla, Yes my best time that I catch walleyes there is in the summer that is the only time I fish for the walleyes there. I usually do pretty good can usually get three or four each time out. Nothing to big I have gotten some 22-24inchers though nice ones.

10. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie

our cabin is right on the north end of the lake, its a couple cabins from the beach and boat launch. i caught a six pound walleye right between the points last weekend and a bunch of rock bass trolling a orange crawler harness.gonna try some pike spearin out front of our place when the ice hits, our neighbor says he has good luck doing it.

11. JWF

JWF

Had a buddy who had a cabin on the lake. Caught some decent largmouths through the ice, as well as pike and crappie.