close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody else target Long Tails?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by deadduck365, Nov 26, 2017.

1. just ducky

just ducky

I would definitely qualify as "half in the know" you a-holes...:) And the man I'm hunting with, who happens to be a licensed captain, is one of the premier squaw hunters on the lakes and keeps his eyes peeled on the layouts.. But when we have two extra gunners in the tender, you do have a minute here and there to throw out a line. Not everyone is as good as you guys and drops every bird they shoot at, requiring constant action from the tender. If you aren't throwing a line out, then more power to you...more fish for me ;)

2. carsonr2

carsonr2

Our crew isn't too concerned with the safety aspect. The way we see it with the huge popularity of sea duck hunting these days we can easily replace a crew member should an accident occur.

Timber likes this.

3. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

They're just place holders to supply 6 additional birds to the count.

Can one of you tech savy types post the clip from Jaws showing the amatuer shark hunters going out to hunt the beast? I picture the scene in the Bay last weekend looking a lot like the movie....

4. just ducky

just ducky

jaws.jpg

Divers Down likes this.
  5. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

No I need a youtube grab, it's maybe a minute long. But I recognize that still: right after that he says "We're going to need a bigger boat"

just ducky likes this.
  6. just ducky

just ducky

Can't find it Waxi. Then again, I didn't search a whole lot LOL

7. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

It's right after the council meeting held because the little boy is chowed. His mom offers a $3000 bounty.
    Insanity ensues.
    I don't know how to grab small sections, only whole movies.

8. idylmoments

idylmoments

I'll just take a video this weekend if the wind let's up and we can get out. And the cat really might be out of the bag tomorrow on the whole squaw/fish thing as there might be a blurb on a certain outdoors show tomorrow night.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. deadduck365

deadduck365

I am guessing they are running that episode on Michigan out of doors. We were there when they filmed it. I was hoping they would wait till the season closed but oh well. It can’t get any worse than this past weekend. Or can it! I don’t want to know that answer.

10. Timber

Timber

Head North

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

11. Timber

Timber

We used to kill a lot on or near shoal's

12. Timber

Timber

Wow

13. Divers Down

Divers Down

The Detroit River spring zoo started with Lindner/Winkelman filming, thanks a lot....:cool: Some guy’s show off attitudes are just too much to shut the heck up. For those who peacefully enjoyed Squaw hunting... the circus is coming to town unfortunately.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Timber likes this.
  14. just ducky

just ducky

I think anyone who has been paying attention at all the last decade knows about the squaws already. That includes a shat ton of walleye and perch fisherman, who practically have these things landing in their planer boards. Word has been out...for those who care to listen.

15. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

Don’t know why you just can’t accept that the heavy traffic is a direct reflection of guiding. It is not a personal affront to SS or anyone else, just a reality. SS has every right to do it as do the guides on Lake Michigan. LM is even worse than the east side with crowds.

Rotating 30-50 people through a spot they didn’t know about is going to increase traffic no matter what game you are after.

You start catching 50” musky on Tawas Bay and share with 3 friends it’s going to be a very slow drip of information getting out. You take 50 guys a year to that spot who have no skin in the game and it’s going to be everywhere.

Fisherman have been on the bay since the walleye boom, but over the last 3 years the traffic for squaw has increased 15 fold. 5 years ago it was basically the same 2-3 rigs.

There really is no arguing differently.

Timber likes this.