close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any rules on "Glassing" someone's property?

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by MIoutdoorsjunkie, Oct 1, 2017.

1. high brass

high brass

I would recommend Norways. Needle cast is a big problem for Blue Spruce [Colorados] but Whites are susceptible to it as well. Norways look good and are faster growers, but they get huge, so make sure you give them enough room.

MIoutdoorsjunkie and FREEPOP like this.
  2. Bucman

Bucman

Douglas fir

MIoutdoorsjunkie likes this.

3. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Take pictures of their license plate. Anyone that parks in front of my house to glass my fields gets their picture taken. Don't like it, stop somewhere else to look at the fields and stop jack lighting my house while you do it.

4. ibthetrout

ibthetrout

I would do this and make sure they see you taking pictures of them. then you could also have a chat with the local CO about it, with pictures.

5. The Rev.

The Rev.

Call the cops and tell them you got a creeper watching the kids

6. Nostromo

Nostromo

Sure, you could go that route. :D

7. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

All good suggestions. That bs those guys are pulling would bother me too. Talk to the local police and CO to make them aware of it. Sounds like it could be construed as harassment.

8. Lucky Dog

Lucky Dog

Next time, call 911, tell them that someone is looking in your window, and you think you saw that they have a gun.

9. Nostromo

Nostromo

Funny. But, crying wolf could backfire on you somehow.

10. JAA

JAA

Get a Good Laser, And play Laser Tag with them :cool:

Thirty pointer and FREEPOP like this.
  11. MIoutdoorsjunkie

MIoutdoorsjunkie Premium Member

Sorry guys.....this thread got away from me. Thank you very much for all the suggestions. The one guy that I confronted (most annoying) hasn't been back that I know of. Maybe I scared him enough to keep him away.

Last two weeks I have had a few random vehicles slowing down but nothing that I would consider an invasion of my privacy. They don't stop for 5 minutes and hang their head our the window with a pair of binos.

I did see the local police officer the other day drive down the street. I flagged him down and explained my issue. Told him I didn't want to harass anyone but I was a bit annoyed with the behavior of a few. He agreed and said he would be annoyed as well. Gave me his card and told me to call the non-emergency number and he would start making the rounds if necessary and get rid of the glassers.

He said if it really became an issue he would get the local DNR officer involved.
    Really nice guy.

So....I am going to think about a screen. Property definitely needs more trees. I did plant 2 red oaks, and a few nice maples. It is a bit of a pain because I just couldnt dig a hole and pop them in the ground. I needed to cage every one of them and wrap the lower trunk with aluminum window screen. Hopefully I don't need to do that with pines. The deer are ravenous here.

Thanks again!

bobberbill, Tankster and Waif like this.
  12. MIoutdoorsjunkie

MIoutdoorsjunkie Premium Member

Beautiful.... did you have any issues with deer loss when you first planted? That is my fear, getting a bunch of trees only to have the deer mow them down to nothing.

Honestly, I have about 10-15 deer about 50 feet from my house almost all the time. Mostly doe right now but the big boys roll through once in a while. They eat everything and don't even care when my 11 year old German shorthair is out roaming around. Lol. A conservation district sized pine would last about 2 minutes unprotected.

13. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Deer don't eat Norway Spruce

14. Dish7

Dish7

Not normally but bucks will rub them to death. I did see deer eating mine when we had those back to back hard winters 4 or 5 years ago. Not since.

15. Waif

Waif Premium Member

"Where do you live"? Would be my first question to some one scoping out my place. " I'll be over to look around, just to even things up ,you know"?