Any out of state trips?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by fsamie1, Dec 13, 2020.

1. #1WATERFOWLER

#1WATERFOWLER

Heading to NE over New Years hoping to shoot some Greenheads and Canadian Geese. Might get an invite to hunt in Arkansas in January. Planning a blast and cast to Kodiak Island, Alaska for December 2021.

The Doob and webbedconnection like this.
  2. deadduck365

deadduck365

I am over in Massachusetts. Sea ducks are not letting us down. This place is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Shupac, Wallis, duckboy123 and 3 others like this.

3. Wallis

Wallis

Rolling the dice and going to Arkansas next week. Fields have a few birds but it’s slow in the trees. Hoping the cold front they are calling for actually happens and it could be good. I’m excited to be taking some michiganders on there first timber hunt, it’ll be a good time no matter what.

HRCHLab and BumpRacerX like this.
  4. tkpolasek

tkpolasek

Headed to Southern Illinois in a couple weeks for some snow goose action.

5. Rhawk86

Rhawk86

I would love to know how this works out for you. Only if it is public though. I can’t pay for private timber. $$$$$

Wallis likes this.
  6. Wallis

Wallis

Hunting some buddies fields in Holly Grove and Brinkley for specks and “trash ducks”. The rest of the time will all be on WMAs. It’s still bad slow down there and now it looks like it’s going to be rainy and windy so it more than likely won’t be any good. If the duck hunting sucks, we'll meet up with some other buddies and run hog dogs.

7. 3goldens

3goldens

Headed home from Arkansas as i type, not driving. Paid for private timber, and killed 3 ducks for 4 guys 3 days. It was tough. Mostly call and spread shy on what few was around. Did see ducks in missouri.

Wallis likes this.
  8. Wallis

Wallis

That’s the word on the street, they are killing them in Missouri, southern Illinois and Oklahoma right now but not much in the Natural State.

9. 3goldens

3goldens

Did anybody ssee the video from Lake St Clair this week?

Jimw likes this.
  10. JSchipper

JSchipper

Has anyone hunted near South Central Kansas/ Northern Oklahoma? Not looking for spots just general hunting conditions. I know pheasant hunting is pretty stellar just trying to figure out if it would be worth the trip for my group in the future.

11. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I was on a pheasant hunt the first week of jan. Potholes on most prairies were locked up frozen. We hunted a reservoir that was insane with mallards, Canadiens and snow geese. The sound was deafening there were so many birds. Quite a site to see. I had heard that there were hunters on it the week before we were there as a duck hunter told a friend about pheasants there. I have no idea if the season was ooen when i was there but there werent any hunters.

JSchipper likes this.
  12. Wallis

Wallis

Definitely worth it, more birds there than Arkansas these days. Only around 1M birds in AR with less than half being green heads

JSchipper likes this.
  13. Korte

Korte

What video ? Please post if possible......

14. Rhawk86

Rhawk86

Mile marker 254, 269, 279 on I-40 in Arkansas were the only flooded fields that had thousands of ducks the rest had zero or less than 100 yesterday. Dagmar looked empty.

IMG_0339.JPG