Any Home Run's on Mother's Day?

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by bobberbill, May 13, 2018.

1. bobberbill

bobberbill

My brother and wife that we don't see often, and my wife went to churh this morning. I stayed home and made brunch for all. Bacon, sausage patties, biscuits and cast iron gravy, eggs, bloody Mary's, hash browns with gravy. The spread. Then spent a couple hours with my 91 year old mom in assisted living facility this afternoon. Strawbery pie. She's only been there a week and is doing OK. Came home and the hot tub happened to be 99*.. A pretty good day.

capper, upmounty, ESOX and 2 others like this.
  2. MEL

MEL

Niko Goodrum

Oldgrandman and jimbo like this.

3. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

My wife wanted to go on a marsh walk. we saw loads of purple martens, red wing black birds, red tail hawks, some smaller hawks not positively identified. coolest sighting was a Kestrel. Never see but a few a year. then we went to lunch. After lunch she told me to go fishing. So I did. lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

FREEPOP, capper, OH-YEAH!!! and 5 others like this.
  4. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

My mom was a big bird person, so I can dig that! But she has passed away and all I have are memories, same with my mother in law (and fathers) God rest their souls!

But my mom put every kind of feed out for em, but don't mess with her cherry trees~! She rigged up a line and harness with noise makers that extended to the trees (and they were covered in netting) from the house and all she had to do was pull on the rope dangling off it to shake in the trees and scare off the birds! It worked too! Plus she hoped the other stuff she put out helped.

Then there was the ground garden, with strawberry's and rhubarb being the most prized of the crops.....she figured that out too with tinfoil, fencing, and other distractions!

She was proud of this picture and it was a good one! Some vermin had a bad day.....

Attached Files:

capper, bobberbill and ESOX like this.
  5. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter

Here's my home run, Wife's first mothers day. Now she can remember/watch this anytime she wants.

6. bobberbill

bobberbill

7. Frozenfish

Frozenfish

I’d say you knocked it out of the park!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter

Yup there were waterworks. Got her some new white chucks too