Antlerless question

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by walleyerick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. walleyerick

walleyerick

I usually have 2 tags for Leelanau Co and one for Oakland Co. which as I read it is all that I am allowed. However, I will be hunting in the 452 core area this year, will I be able to purchase a tag for there as well since they are allowed more than 3 tags?

2. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

I don't understand why you are limited to 2 tags for Leelanau Co and one for Oakland Co.

Page 11 if the Antlerless Deer Digest.

Antlerless Deer License Purchase Limits (Per Hunter)

An individual may purchase up to a daily limit of 2 antlerless deer licenses statewide, with the following exceptions:
    • For DMUs 487 and 452, an individual may purchase a total of 5 antlerless deer licenses per day.
    • For DMUs 419 and 333, an individual may purchase unlimited antlerless deer licenses per day. An individual may purchase up to a season limit of 5 private-land antlerless deer licenses statewide, with the following exceptions:
    • For DMUs 452 and 487, an individual may purchase a total of 10 antlerless deer licenses per season.
    • For DMUs 419 and 333, an individual may

3. walleyerick

walleyerick

I was under the impression that you could only have 3 doe tags for a season, it appears that has changed to 5 outside of the special mgt zones. These damn rules get confusing sometimes. I can see where someone would only read that they can buy 5 a day in say 452, but not read that they are only limited to 10 for an entire season, who's to say that person wouldn't purchase 30 of them....lol

4. pryorhunt

pryorhunt Banned

3,5,10, How dam many doe's does one person need, The law ought to read, One buck and one doe per person, per season period! They make these laws so that the average hunter, anyone who hasn't taken four years of law classes, can't understand them. Beside that, the DNR is decimating the deer herd in Michigan! DNR stands for "Do Nature wRong"!