Another Jackson Co. Positive 3-14-19

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Liver and Onions, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Got word that this was announced at today's NRC meeting.
    Near the area of the other 2 Jackson Co. positives.

L & O

2. Groundsize

Groundsize

Scare tactics. When will they do large scale testing in other counties.

3. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Scare tactics because they announce another positive in a county that had 2 previous positives ? Not following your thinking. Many of us want know weekly or bi-weekly updates on the number of tests and positives. For those who do not want to know.......that should be easy enough.

L & O

4. Groundsize

Groundsize

Come on. I guess this is just getting old. Fry deer with butter, onions and garlic salt and you cant tell the difference. No weird eye twitching from people who already ate CWD positive deer in Jackson county over the years. What about people who eat or have ate CWD positive deer in Montcalm county? Or from Iowa County Wisconsin?

5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

The DNR should quit testing in counties where they know it exists and increase testing where it is not found.

6. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

True Luv2hunteup, then they could scare the fecal matter out of everyone.

Groundsize likes this.
  7. Groundsize

Groundsize

Why ? If you don’t mind me asking? Scientists can’t even begin to really explain CWD anyways or at least explain what they are looking for as to how to even attempt a thought about some way to stop it! As far as I’m concerned it’s natural. Does it effect humans? No so save the money and put it towards other things that are more important.

8. Groundsize

Groundsize

I’ve been saying it for a long time now! Do a mandatory 3-5k head test in Monroe and Wayne county or Kalamazoo or Van buren and bam CWD will be found.

9. Waif

Waif

Quit testing my kills , I'll quit killing.

marlin and motdean like this.
  10. mbrewer

mbrewer

It's hard to agree or disagree with your statement without knowing the rational for doing so.

11. motdean

motdean

Waif nailed it.

12. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

Maybe The DNR Needs to Test for It in All DMU's, sure they need to Continue in areas known there it is as well as near by areas to see if it is Actually Spreading. If the DNR would have "Communicated" the Actual Reason why they "Included" Newaygo County as a "Buffer Zone" maybe more would have Accepted that and understood but when it was First Found in Montcalm County they Did Not Include Adjacent Counties they Only Limited the Area to I think was 17 Townships in and around where it Was Found. If the Plan was Plan X why did they Not Include the Adjacent Counties when it was Found In Moncalm County. As soon as I learned it was found in Montcalm I Contact Mt Stewart back then and Asked if Other Adjacent Counties would be Included and Appears they Dragged their Feet and then Shortly After they did include Kent where it has been found and then Newaygo. So If They have a "PLAN" why is it they Are Not Following That "Plan? Yet 2018 They Did Include surrounding Counties Nothing has Really Changed but oit was found in Mecosta & that It Continues to "Spread" which known for CWD to Do. Going from Not including Adjacent Areas to Expand. Tells that The NRC and DNR are Still Playing Catch Up as to what Will Work as to Slow the Spread but have a Wider Surveillance Plan so things like what happen in the UP does not "Surprise both the DNR & NRC. As many talked it would not happen in the UP and yet it DiD. And should have been ongoing once it was found at a Deer Farm in Kent County. Not 100% just if some wanted to Help these State Agencies so when it did "POP" up they could see and take Action. I Thought the "PLAN" was once it was found any where In Michigan they would Include all Adjacent Counties that surround where it was Found But That DID NOT Happen like when it was Found In Montcalm County. From doing Little to doing a lot when it should have been Doing a Lot More once It has Spread like it Does!
    Maybe the Plan depends on who is putting that plan into Action but Testing should be statewide now just to be sure, not just areas are that now have it and wait too many deer get It in areas that have yet to have it found...

Just a Thought but again When the NRC and DNR Does "Poor" Communication and Delay Getting the word out as the NRC Drags their Decision Making so Late when It Should be a High Priority and On their Agenda that should be Known By April or even May Not August!!! But Appears they Just Cannot Make a Decision When this a Majority Concern for one of Michigan's Main Resource Management and Michigan's Economy! And why we should be Demanding the NRC Get Moving on what they are Planning for 2019 and Get These Changes Out ASAP! So Hunter are Aware and Can decide what they Are going to do whether to Hunt or Not and what They Need to do and where a Hunter Can Get a Deer Checked and Where & What Check Stations Dates and Times they WILL BE Actually Open. I know a few Deer Hunters that won't be hunting as much as they had and some might not hunt at All... As the Demands they have to Meet to get a Deer Checked in the "24 Hour" Requirement is tough for them to Meet?
    As it was Last Year... And get Deer Processors in the Know as to what IS Required as one I dealt with told me I met the requirements because they Processed my Deer and said I did not need to Check It at any DNR Check Station or Field Office in the "Core Zone"? Yet I needed to take the Deer Head outside the Core Zone to have it Mounted. So I went out on my way to get it Checked in the Core Area just to Meet the Checked Deer Requirement.

Newaygo1

13. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

Are they still finishing testing from deer season, or was this a road kill?

14. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Pretty sure all deer season testing is complete. DCPs go to March 31. My understanding on this deer is that it was 1 of the 46 taken in Summit Twp. by Wildlife Services.
    If any of my information is incorrect, I hope someone will pitch in the correct info.

L & O

15. det07

det07

Many questions/answers about CWD are covered in Joe Rogan’s Podcast. It’s long (2 hours) but most of the relevant info is covered in the first half of of the podcast. Enjoy!

jr28schalm likes this.