close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ann Arbor Walleye

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by iawmmbones, Nov 6, 2017.

1. iawmmbones

iawmmbones

Hi everyone! I'm located in the Ann Arbor area and am interested in fishing for walleye! Anybody have luck on the Huron River or surrounding inland lakes? Thanks

2. iawmmbones

iawmmbones

***Oops wrong forum for this

3. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Try doing a search on the web site. Most folks won't give up a lake holding eyes to a new member. The info you're after is out there if you look around a bit...

Shoeman likes this.
  4. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    I fished the Huron river for years wading stretches in the metro parks and in my time doing it I probably caught a total of 6 walleyes and IMO that was after high water flooding situations where fish may of migrated upstream from an impoundment and were now in the deeper holes.

5. the roofer

the roofer

Yup..I was out before when the water was really high..I was throwing a mr twister when I thought I got snagged on a beetle Volkswagen..nope..a nice 3lb walleye..tossed him back..wasn't planning on keeping any fish that day.

Jimbos likes this.
  6. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    The last time I checked my holes were all getting silted in, why I don't know other then increased runoff from all of the building that has taken place out in that area is my guess, but the variety of fish caught within feet of each other from one hole was incredible. 7-8 different species was not uncommon.