Angling Specialites

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by quest32a, Mar 10, 2013.

1. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Quick question guys and there used to be an answer for it over on Q U E S T O U T D O O R S.Net. But it looks like all the info on that site is gone... too bad, there was lots of good stuff.

But I need to fix my clicker on my Angling Specs reel. Its easy to take apart but I am really not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?

2. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Kinda jimmy rigged it and got it working. Man for a 700 dollar reel they sure know how to use a 1 cent piece of wire to use as a clicker. My Raven has a much nice clicker set up than this reel.

I doubt it is permanent, but for now it will do.

3. troutguy26

troutguy26

Got a pic of it? Im sure something pretty permanent can be worked up.

4. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Haha, just put it back together and have zero plans on taking it back apart on the off chance I goof it up and it won't work. All I really need to do is get a really thin piece of wire and redo it. The thin wire keeps the clicker under tension, and that was the piece that had broken. I was able to remove the wire, and rewind it around 1 screw instead of 2. And now it keeps enough tension on it to work.

5. troutguy26

troutguy26

Piano wire was what came to my mind but without a pic didnt wanna shoot off any guesses. Good luck man, sucks to spend that much on a reel and have it break. Amazes me what some of them go for.

6. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Yah I have had it for 7 or 8 years though. Can't complain too much I guess. Anyone know if they are even still in business? Website came up blank.

7. HURONFLY

HURONFLY

Angling specialties is still in business. They have two stores one in Concord (905-660-9707) and one in Mississauga 905-275-4972. Although you cant access the old forum, much of the other information from the old Quest site is still available you might be able to find it. Brian from Quest Outdoors is one of the owners of Shultz Outfitters.