Almost back...

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by CrashAxe, Mar 8, 2019.

1. CrashAxe

CrashAxe

...and ready to start again. Had a nasty battle with cancer. I'm beating it and recovering, it's been a long road. I think I'm ready to start trying again. Any good reports in N.E. Michigan? Jewell, Hubbard, Beaver, Loon in Hale? Anything good happening? I'm going on the ice this weekend...

TK81, Bob D, J D and 30 others like this.
  2. huxIIIhammer

huxIIIhammer

That's great to hear CrashAxe! I wish you the best and hope you slay the fish real soon!

NEW HUDSON WALT, CrashAxe and Sprytle like this.

3. june bugger

june bugger

good luck to you when you get out,sorry I can't help with those spots

4. Sprytle

Sprytle Premium Member

Great to hear CrashAxe!! May your days only get better! Catching some slabs will definenatly help! Good luck out there.

5. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Glad to hear you're doing well and recovering, my prayers are with you! Now get out there and enjoy your time on the ice and catch some slobs.

6. Raylaser

Raylaser

Hey Crash, can't help you with those areas cuz I'm not up that way, just wanted to say congrats from one cancer survivor to another. Really missed my hunting and fishing during that battle 13 years ago. Best of luck as you get your feet "wet" again!

7. Smallie12

Smallie12

I say who cares on the bite and go make it happen for yourself now that you can man. Congrats on great news and just getting out will be way more than enough for ya guaranteed. I bet you have a big sigh of relief once you get out there and all set up with line in the water and any pull on that line will be more than worth it! Good luck and never give up.

CrashAxe and Howard Baumann like this.
  8. Musket

Musket Premium Member

Good for you. Get out there and have a great time!

CrashAxe and Sprytle like this.
  9. Zube

Zube

Glad to hear you beat it ! Fishing on Hubbard has bèn mixed . Out from anchor market we have got walleye and I have got some nice perch in east bay. If you want more info send me a pm or you can call me at our store 989-736-6418

CrashAxe and John Dumbra like this.
  10. John Dumbra

John Dumbra

glad to here you doing good CrashAxe, wonder where you where, last year you help out a lots of sportsmens last year on NE. inland land lakes, whish i could give you a little more imfo, like what i got from you, they been catching a few perch in the asuable at Alcona Park , that's about all i heard that way, GLAD your well now..

CrashAxe and woodie slayer like this.
  11. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

Good job on kicking C's ass, from one C fighter to another, good luck, now go gitum

CrashAxe likes this.
  12. CrashAxe

CrashAxe

Thanks everyone. Spent Saturday on ice. We were on Jewell in BC, got the normal small gills. Marked plenty, sight fishing was crazy. Saw many nice sized gills and perch. The big ones weren't hungry. Got some lunch and headed on up to McCollum. Had the same issues. Marked a bunch of fish but the bite was slow. It felt good to get that exhausted. Tight lines all.

Jimbo 09 and vsmorgantown like this.
  13. Smallie12

Smallie12

Pimpin' ain't easy and neither is ice fishing as I'm sure you remember well:) At least you can do it again though and that is all that matters. Good luck man, I know cancer beat my dad down pretty good for a couple years just before he was ready to call it quits after about 34 years at GM and now he has MS and has a difficult time even getting up and about so I feel horrible for him as one major illness is more than enough for anyone let alone a second one. Kills me every day thinking about it and we used to hunt together every year and fish once in a while and haven't done either since his cancer battle and now you couldn't even pay him enough to get out and do anything as he has sort of given up on taking part in any adventures like that anymore. Totally sucks so do it while you can is all I can say and if you got kids do it with them too because I miss it and wish I could do that stuff with my dad still.

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  14. Bob D

Bob D

Rock On!

CrashAxe likes this.
  15. Kevin Hughes

Kevin Hughes

Fresh air is great for the mind, soul and body!!
    Congratulations on being able to get back at 'em.

CrashAxe likes this.