All day sits

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Richard Cranium, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CHUCK n BUCK

CHUCK n BUCK

without a doubt confidence is the easiest way. If I know a big buck is near, its not near as hard to do.

2. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

I have sat all day for the first 3 to 5 days of rifle season for a long time. Mostly in a tree stand. As stated above it is definitely a frame of mind. Some days it can be tough depending on the weather. I'm 61 and it's getting harder and harder for me to do. Especially with the onset of neuropathy in my feet and trying to keep them warm enough. Water, hot coffee, and grub are a must.

3. Grandriverrat

Grandriverrat

This is no lie. Good lord. I saw 50 bucks running back and forth across a big field in Albion. I am sure that a lot of them might have been the same deer but what a morning. By the way the one that finally stepped out in front of me after all that action busted me drawing my bow. Best bow day ever!

4. SleepingInTrees

SleepingInTrees

I’ve done it once on a gun opener with all the amenities:
    Towerblind,heat,thermos,food,magazine, phone, extra charger, even took a nap. It’s not for me and if I were to do it again I’d probably move stands without going back to camp.It’s no doubt a frame of mind and having all the right essentials.

Lever4ever likes this.
  5. Grandriverrat

Grandriverrat

The only all day sits wher

6. deepwoods

deepwoods

You have to be comfortable. That means good gear and good food and drink. I can stream a game on my phone if needed. This year I think the Masters will be on.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Richard Cranium likes this.
  7. bluealaskan

bluealaskan

Funny, same age and did it today. Had two spikes walk under my tree at noon and stood broadside at 18 yards. This made me decide to make it a 11 hour sit. All I found out was that I wasn't missing anything.lol. Does definitely make a long day. Best of luck.

Richard Cranium and Lever4ever like this.
  8. fishbucket

fishbucket

I do some now to Nov 15 . Nov 15 a must! Been through some cold, wet, miserable ones! Lessons learned. Food and comfort are key. A book is a good idea and I will also sleep if I am tired. This is in a tree stand or on the ground on public land. I would normally sit to 11-noon on a morning hunt this time off year anyways if i can, the idea of not causing a big stir in the woods by leaving helps me power through for the all dayer

Richard Cranium and Lever4ever like this.
  9. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

So all day hunts include naps? Wouldn't that make it something less than all day hunt - lol?

10. Used to do it the first four days of gun season. Always had plenty of food and drinks and something to read Sometimes only looked at the pictures :p Usually has been in a nice comfy chair in a heated blind. Now I gotta come back around lunch to let the dogs out so no all dayers lately.

Richard Cranium and up520 like this.
  11. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Disposable heat packs, especially the ones meant to be next to your body (think kidneys, and sternum).

12Point, up520 and WMU05 like this.
  12. Lever4ever

Lever4ever

Yes any questions :lol:

up520 and November Sunrise like this.
  13. Stubee

Stubee

I used to do it more than I do now. It just depends on where you sit and how they move. I did shoot one nice 8 point chasing a doe at 1:30 and thank God he came by because the first seven hours were slow.

In my advancing years I like to sit late in the morning, like noon, then come in for a bit just to recharge my internal batteries. But there are spots on public land I’d still carry a sandwich, and a good paperback book.

Lever4ever and up520 like this.
  14. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

90% of my deer are from 2 to 4.
    During early bow I will sit all day unless it is raining. As I have aged being wet is no fun.
    Rifle season I am on the ground in a pop up. Lots of snacks and games. During the weekdays of rifle around noon I will go a 2 hour stalk, than back to the blind before the afternoon hunters come out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Lever4ever, Richard Cranium and up520 like this.
  15. crossneyes

crossneyes

I plan for all day sits for the first couple days of gun season. Pack sandwiches, water and some snacks,portable phone charger and a small propane heater.
    Been fortunate last couple years and had deer down before noon,sandwiches on the ride home!