close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Albino deer

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by Davelobi, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Davelobi

Davelobi

Gotta love Mrs Bossy (or should I say piggy?) in the first pic. Sorry for quality, cell phone pictures.

itchn2fish likes this.

2. Albaman

Albaman

Cool photos, I wonder how long albino deer survive in the wild given that they stand out like a sore thumb during most of the year.

3. Davelobi

Davelobi

I'd say making it past being small fawn was the challenge for this girl. Not many predators in this area so she's likely in the clear. These pics are in my front yard. A tiny voice in my head is whispering "that would make an awesome rug to step out of bed on each morning." Probably just keep shooting with camera.

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. Albaman

Albaman

Hi Dave, yeah I did think she had done well do get were she is at now. As there aren't many predators around, that's probably helped a lot as well as you say. Keep on resisting the temptation for a new rug if you can buddy, I just think there are some things were nature should be allowed to run it's course and decide this girls fate whatever that may be.

itchn2fish likes this.
  5. lodge lounger

lodge lounger

On the plus side, she's less likely to get flattened by a Toyota.

Great pics!

itchn2fish likes this.
  6. Davelobi

Davelobi

Ya, high vis for sure but doesn't make her any smarter about when to cross. They don't always abide by the deer crossing signs in this area. My son hit a small velvet buck on his motorcycle this summer and killed it. Stayed up on the bike and rode it home. Lucky.

itchn2fish likes this.
  7. Davelobi

Davelobi

Another one from today. Kind of ironic place to pose for a picture.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-12-42-10.png

Josh R and itchn2fish like this.
  8. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

A rug may be cool but don't use it to walk on. deer hair is very brittle and will break. Soon you will be left with a verymangy looking rug, ever wonder why you never see a deer fur garment? They dont hold up well to wear. Now leather on the other hand is great.

Yes she looks cool adn is very legal. If you are tempted decide on what mount instead.

9. Davelobi

Davelobi

Thanks Skinner. I didn't want to open the legal/moral/feelings issue about killing a white deer. It's been beat to death. I know it is legal and my right to take it if I choose. I'm sure it's kind of a "pet" around here for some of the residents. Tiny chance I would shoot her but I'd be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwitch if a toyota took her out.

itchn2fish likes this.
  10. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

Yeah I know Im there with you. I just wasn't sure if you knew how fragile a deer fur is when it come to use like that.

itchn2fish likes this.
  11. Boatalot

Boatalot

Shooting an albino deer is poor form for sure. Always safe to say, it puts the person in the jerk territory. We all like seeing them, they're rare, so lame to shoot.

12. Davelobi

Davelobi

Please boat, I didn't want this thread to go this direction. Enjoy the pics, share some if you got em. I wont be shooting this little boy either..

Screenshot_2017-08-09-08-20-43.png Screenshot_2017-10-02-08-12-30.png

Josh R likes this.
  13. Boatalot

Boatalot

Very good pictures!

itchn2fish and Davelobi like this.
  14. old graybeard

old graybeard