AKC Yellow lab

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by BOTTOM THUMPER, May 13, 2018.

1. BOTTOM THUMPER

BOTTOM THUMPER

Hey guys, I have a 9 year old akc yellow lab I am looking to breed. If anyone has an akc registered female and is interested please send me a pm.

21footer likes this.
  2. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

Any titles? Health certs? What qualities does your male have? Pedigree? Proven stud?

3. BOTTOM THUMPER

BOTTOM THUMPER

His dad was a sire, I can text a pic of his pedigree. I have never breed him this will be the first and only time

4. birdhntr

birdhntr

Sire is the father,dam is the mother. Nothing more than that.I am assuming you are looking for a little junior from your boy?Might be easier to get another dog from the same line of breeding if you were happy with the first one.Reputable breeders will have your best interest and the breeds also.They work very hard at it.

Steelheadfred likes this.
  5. gundogguy

gundogguy

Amazing that you never see these type of threads from some one that has a female. Primarily because females gets to choose the stud. The old phrase "standing at stud" means just that. Studs stand and wait, they have to be chosen by some one that looking to improve their line, not the other way around. With a non-tested or trialed stud how would anyone know the talents or strengths a stud would bring to the process of mixing the blood.
    With out this basic understanding, breeding dogs should not even be contemplated. It is one of the contributing factors in breed rescues. Breed rescue only means there was failure in the breeding or marketing of the pups.

birdhntr gave some reasonable advise, acquire a female and do the breeding yourself.
    Then you will find out how far you can go.

6. birdhntr

birdhntr

What I actually meant was to go and get another dog and skip the breeding altogether.I have seen many people shack there dog to another for a pup and to say the least it did not end up like they they thought it would.The reason they did it was for a free pup.SMH! I personally have had really good luck just doing research and spending the minor initial money.I spayed my female's and it's a pleasure not dealing with the heat cycles issues.I will also know where to get a new dog when the time comes and if the breeder is doing things to improve the breed then I have a great chance at getting a dog that's has improved traits like health,drive,bidability,temperament and so on.I'd like to add to the OP please don't take this to be offensive to you.What you are seeing is a culmination of information and probably a 100 years of knowledge combined to your post.You are free do do whatever you like

Steelheadfred likes this.
  7. BOTTOM THUMPER

BOTTOM THUMPER

I really appreciate all the comments guys. I merely am looking to get a free pup not for myself but for a buddy that is in love with my dog. I really didn’t think it would pan out but thought I would give it a try

8. Socks

Socks

I can understand you trying to do your buddy a solid. But I'm not sure he's being fair to you. What I mean by that is he gets a free dog out of it what do you get doing all the leg work? Also what about the other pups that will be born. Usually this isn't the sire owners issue but some sire owners care because it can diminish their sires standing. Anyways I'm getting deep in the weeds on ya. Usually the sire owner gets pick of the litter or stud fee which I think you know. There are tons of labs out there that he'd fall in love with it they were his. There's also lab rescues out there. Maybe I'm babbling now but here's my advice. Dont do it and let him get his own dog and stay friends.

9. gundogguy

gundogguy

Good decision on your part! Best move is leave it alone, after all there is no such thing as a "free pup". That is urban legend, fake news , and a myth!