Airbrushing Novice seeking blank body baits

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Personal Business, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I know gliders can be very user specific. You could be killing them, hand me your rod and I don't do jack. You get it back and pick up right where you left off.
    That Magic Maker caught at least three members here their first muskie casting. It likes everyone!

2. piketroller

piketroller

Learning the right cadence helps. Have color options for the right conditions will help further. If I lost all three of the baits I have in one week, I don’t know if I’d look for more on eBay or just pick a different plastic glider and learn that bait.

3. ESOX

I use an old school 5'6" rod and work them with the tip down. Makes line control in post front conditions much easier. I get some odd looks from the guys that started muskie casting the past decade and think you need to use an 8-9' phone pole and always toss a 1# Bulldawg or a huge crankbait. If they only knew the power of smaller lures post front.

4. piketroller

piketroller

I’ve got an old bass pro shops 7’ muskie rod that is limber by today’s standards. At the end of the cast, the glidin’ rap needs a longer, slower pull that probably would be hard to do with a 5’6” rod. But as it gets closer to the boat, the tip gets lower and the pulls get shorter.

ESOX likes this.
  5. ESOX

Limber is good. Many muskie lost due to pulling hooks out with a phone pole and no stretch braid. I was out one day with a guy, the fish were on fire. In 5 hours I boated 6 fish over 25#, went 6-6. He boated two fish out of seven. Just couldn't keep them buttoned up with that super heavy BS. (I also think those super stiff rods with braid don't let the fish get a good hold of the bait, add to that a newer muskie angler that sets the hook as soon as he feels the hit and you have the recipe for lost fish) It's like scum froggin. Fish hits, move the tip towards the fish. Count slowly to three, then set.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Personal Business likes this.
  6. Jann's Netcraft

Jann's Netcraft Sponsor

We certainly hope that you will give us another try. We value all of our customers and want to give you the best experience possible. Good Fishing!

As for the original post, we do carry a wide variety of different unpainted blanks for the custom airbrusher. You can find our unpainted lure bodies here:

https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/crankbait-bodies/341122.aspx

We also carry a number of different balsa bait kits, if you are looking to paint on a wood blank. I hope this information finds you well.

Personal Business and ESOX like this.
  7. Crestliner 16

Crestliner 16

Predator bass.com,Dinger lures, lure colour studios. Google blank fishing lure bodies.

8. Petronius

Petronius Staff Member Premium Member Mods

I noticed you danced around it, so can you address the problem ebijack brought up, that being why he had to pay an expensive shipping charge for a product valued at less that the shipping?

Crestliner 16 likes this.