close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

air rifle

Discussion in 'MichiganSmallGame.com' started by Martin Looker, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good air rifle for small game hunting? There are so many newer brands to look at I am having a hard time deciding which way to go.

2. Janehal

Janehal

Decide if you want barrel cock (Springer) or PCP (Tank filled). PCP will be more money. I have both and you are welcome to try before you buy..................where do you live?

3. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

4. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

5. Floyd D

Floyd D

My choose would be rws35 break barrel .177 with super dome pellet

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. capper

capper

That's a pretty general request Martin. We need more info. Like, what are you going to hunt? How do you hunt? Sitting or walking? Are you in good shape physically? Some of the guns are quite heavy and if you are older and not very strong you need to look at a lighter weight gun. Also need to know your price range in order to give you the best advice.
    My personal gun is an Air Arms S410 Super Fac PCP in .22 caliber and it is wonderfully accurate and deadly on squirrels out to 60 or 70 yards with the right scope. I have killed lots of squirrels and some Raccoons and Opossums. I have also owned a couple of break barrel guns which are lighter weight and less expensive and are equally good killers on small game.

7. Woodsman27

Woodsman27

I have break barrel, multi-pump and PCP. I use PCP guns for hunting squirrels. Where do you live?

8. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

I just bought my first one this past weekend on a whim. Jays Sporting Goods had a bunch on sale and I couldn't resist getting the Benjamin Varmint .22 for $125. I used to have a Benjamin .22 pump that was handed down from my dad when I was a kid, so I couldn't just walk away from it. It was a good deal too plus I found out they have a rebate on it as well. Such a fun gun to shoot as well. Only bad thing though is that the scope that comes with it is a P.O.S.

9. JAA

JAA

Benjamin Sheridan C9 Blue Streak .20 cal, Best air gun ever Made!! Mine was passed down to me from my dad. This baby has put more dinners on the plate then I could count! Get one that has the Rocker Safety, Mid 70 to late 80's vintage, Here one almost new in the box http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668662615. And other used one's as well listed there! Or gun shows, even Ebay, Just educate your self be fore buying. This is a gun That you will pass down to Family after your Gone! Yes their that Good! And you can Also have it even better if you send it to Tim @ Mac 1 and have it Steroid Tuned for even more power. http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2009/05/a-steroid-streak/ And can be had done here this business was started by his Grandfather and is Just as Good Today as back in the Era! http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/steroid-parts-s/1838.htm

10. Woodsman27

Woodsman27

I have the Benjamin 392. New version of the Sheridan, but not as good of quality. I plan on giving it to my 2yr old son when he gets older.