Adjustable comb...

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by 9mm Hi-Power, May 15, 2018.

1. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power

A shooting buddy of mine is looking at having a comb on one of his shotguns made adjustable. Any suggestions as to who does this sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

9mm Hi-Power

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

3. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power

4. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Good luck. Get model number and search. Maybe a call to Midway and Brownells.

5. jmoser

jmoser

Call Joe at Tron in Milford.

6. Bigeejakes

Bigeejakes

I had one done by Johnson's in Adrian if that's in your neck of the woods. Simple enough procedure if you have a band saw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. iboat

iboat

8. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power

Thanks for your replies. My buddy, who is a Master Class SC shooter purchased a CZ SxS that he couldn't seem to hit much of anything with and even on a soft SC course. The gun was then patterned by a very highly regarded custom stock maker/fitter/ "shotgunsmith" and it was printing 20/80 (20% above the "point of aim" and 80% below :dizzy:). Off to CZ and after some contentious telephone conversations they sent him another shotgun. His thinking was if it patterns the same then it's time for an adjustable comb on the new gun. He "casually" patterned it and it seemed to be 50/50. Not the best for a field gun - 60/40 - is ideal but we went out to our home SC club with much apprehension over the new gun. He, however, shot it quite well and shot it consistently well thru all kinds of presentations - chandelles, rabbits, 55 yard fast crossers, high incomers, low, speedy outgoing targets, really tough doubles etc. So now he's quite pleased with his new goose/duck SxS. I asked what choke tubes we're in it and he scoffed - "I really didn't bother to look." He's really, as in really, big on technique as opposed to equipment. Thanks again for your replies.

9mm Hi-Power

F. Thompson likes this.
  9. hunterdau2

hunterdau2

Second Joe at Tronspace gunworks . He did my Bt99 with 4 way adjustable comb and a adjustable butt plate. Great work and reasonable price.