Abbelane German Shorthaired Pointers

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by abbelanegsp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. abbelanegsp

abbelanegsp

To all our Abbelane friends. As many of you have heard, after 48 wonderful years of breeding GSP'S we have retired. This has been our passion, and to leave something that we love so much has been extremely difficult and emotional. We cannot thank all of you enough for the tremendous support and trust you have given us. We have met an amazing group of people, and cherished the friendships we have generated over the years. We have sold the Abbelane breeding program to a wonderful couple who we have come to know, David and Tori Salmeri, and assure you they will continue with each litter the same values as we have over the years. Puppies will possess strong hunting desire with great family temperaments. They have 2 of our breeding girls that they purchased that were bred to Abbelane boys, that are available now. We want to support them in their new chapter and challenge as they move forward. Legacy-Abbelane German Shorthaired Pointers. Once again thank you all for the wonderfully amazing years we have had. You will still all be seeing me in the Grouse and woodcock woods and the Dakotas, for that I am not giving up. Rob and Judy

VstarBR, EMoor, dthur and 9 others like this.
  2. PA BUCK 2

PA BUCK 2

ENjoy the retirement!!!

VstarBR likes this.

3. Hal Standish

Hal Standish

Good show Rob. Congrates on a job well done.
    Hal

4. Josh R

Josh R

Congrats to both you and Judy, we enjoy both of our dogs we got from you guys.
    Good luck in the woods
    Josh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Jim58

Jim58

Enjoy your retirement Rob and many thanks for all of the generous time and knowledge you've shared with us at your place during NAVHDA training.

Jim

6. #8 shot

#8 shot

Enjoy retirement Rob & Judy! Thank you for the help over the years. I will see you at bird camp.

Bud

7. Rudi's Dad

Rudi's Dad

Rob, I know its hard for you and Judy to leave the breeding program. I was always impressed with the care you took matching up the breedings.
    My pups I got from you exceeded my expectations. God Bless you and Judy in retirement.

8. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

I met up with Abbylane late in your life and it was a real joy sharing our few visits. My daughter got her best friend and I got one heck of a good hunter and a dog that continues to amaze me. Our girl will be 4 in April 29. She is from Quana and Ozzy. And we stopped by to see the dogs when they were 4 weeks old and my daughter Lauren fell in love with the only liver pup in the litter. We had last pick and were excited to get the pup. You told us that we shouldn't get our hopes up that that pup would be left for is. Lauren didn't sleep I swear for the next 2 weeks.

Lamarsh likes this.
  9. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

Sorry i fat fingered send. Anyway when my wife and Lauren showed up 2 weeks later Judy was very coy and played it out for a couple minutes before opening the door to the kennel. When Judy opened the door 10 year old Lauren had a puppy run up to her. And it was the liver pup! Thank you for making our life so much richer. Izzy, or should I say Ozzy's Magnificent Izzy goes everywhere with us and loves the lake and woods. She even likes the soccer fields we are happy to hear the Abbylane lines will continue. Thank you again for helping us with such a wonderful hunter and best friend. Best of luck for the two of you with your continued journey!

Ted Stehney IMG952166.jpg

Lamarsh, Scout 2, EMoor and 3 others like this.
  10. EMoor

EMoor

5BFD4D59-425A-4AC5-9820-14A3EC3C4359.jpeg I hope you and Judy enjoy retirement, Rob, Lord knows you’ve earned it. Thank you for the opportunity to own a pup from your kennel, and even though his life was cut short by leukemia, Luke was the finest dog I ever had. I hope you and Judy will finally be able to make it out West this year with your camper and enjoy the rest of your lives in peace and contentment. God bless.

Eric Moor

Jim58 and Liver and Onions like this.
  11. ncgreg

ncgreg

Best of luck Rob and Judy, very well deserved! Thanks for the opportunity to work with you and catch some of your knowledge. And thanks for always openly sharing your vast skills.
    Kind regards,
    Greg in Mattawan