A problem neighbor, input requested.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Management' started by youp50, Aug 16, 2020.

1. atp500

atp500

Thank You for your service!!!!!

Spartan88 and 6Speed like this.
  2. atp500

atp500

Thank You for your Service!!!!!

3. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Butter bars were a real pain to deal with until they learned that the older sarge knew more than they did.

4. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Of course they were. That's the way they were programmed! The NCOs knew we didn't want them to get anyone hurt unnecessary, it was bad enuff as it was, so we did what was right to help as far as our patience allowed. 2LT John Keene is a name from my past that got it. We both ended up as great friends to this day even though we're 700 miles apart now. Both of us were master divers outside of the Army and had a blast cave diving back then. One time we even followed a 14' gator up in his den and took some pictures. Nothing like trusting the guy guarding the hole not to let another one slip in behind me..the picture is still on my fly tying bench and friends think we're nuts to this day..

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Not only military training. We had very similar training, when I was on the forest fire crews, that I had in the military. It's kinda common for scumuloids to put "pot farms" in national, or state, forests.These were often guarded by "traps" One of the favorite was to hang fish hooks, about head high, from tree limbs.

atp500 likes this.
  6. jafurnier

jafurnier

Second cameras pointing down at the others.

7. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Let the trail cam take a pic of you mooning it or flipping a bird at it.

8. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

9. shell waster

shell waster

There's a camera that has a receiver, maybe stealth or spypoint, it's small then shoots an image to a reciever...use that to try to catch this prick...

Put up a cheap camera and pack it full of dog ****...so when he opens...surprise or something else no one wants on their hands, axel grease, pine tar...

Any idea which neighbor..download onx so you can get names. Sounds like this fool is a stupid criminal and breaking laws is just another day at the office...my guess he has a record...call the local CO they can run a check plus they usually get fired up to catch dumbasses like this

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  10. Sharkbait11

Sharkbait11

That's what I would do, upload a bunch of b-hole pics and write a note and place inside the camera "to the b-hole that keeps checking my card thought you might want some company from your own kind, PS thanks for your fingerprints last time you checked my card, local PD has you on file now" and leave a business card from an LEO inside.

Or you could put a piece of tape across the camera opening and put your signature on it, if the tape is gone or peeled back you know your suspicions are correct. Setup another camera pointing towards the cam they have been checking, a cellular cam would be best to catch him right in the act and call the authorities.

If that is true, the guy is a goof and Id be confronting him asap. I caught a guy trespassing on my property, he had a gun with him so I didnt approach, but I took pictures of his vehicle so he could see me then pretended to make a call on my phone, hes never been back.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    jiggin is livin likes this.
  11. Sorry for the delay in responding. I have no internet at camp, on purpose and by choice.

For all Wisconsin folks, I owe an apology.

Things were changing when the neighbors were gone, all three that I was wondering about. Then I saw a truck owned by a former fishing partner (I really did NOT throw him out of his boat, not all the way anyway) cruising past my drive, slowly. I was outbound and gassed it hard and flew down the road trying to get up on him. Never found him, I pulled over to ponder what I saw and there they came. They pulled off on a side road or into a sand pit and let me by.

They bought a camp a mile or so from mine. They know I am watching for them. There is no motion fired game cam going to get these guys. They are as good in the woods as I am. I used to have a plot watcher style cam, I think I have a cuddy that can fire plot watcher style.

I do have a cam looking down on a cam.

I am aware that mineral is considered bait, I put it down last fall. They are still digging at it. A side note, I have a lick I started years ago in the clay country, that is like a 4 person hot tub.

As far as phone pics go, I am a proud flip phone guy with a scratched up lens. They keep messing around, I will get them. Maybe next year...

Lets see, slave cams sending to a master cam, master cam sending to the cloud. I hope to be living there next year, will have the interweb. Probably have security equivalent to a low security lock up.

12. Cjs180

Cjs180

Just get a cheap cell camera and aim it at the one they are screwing with

13. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I would try hitting them. That always sent the message I was trying to get across when someone F'd with my stuff.

Kidding, kinda.

14. onenationhere

onenationhere

I would go over there and ask straight out if he has a problem with you and explain what you have been experiencing. You would be surprised what a face to face meeting can accomplish. Someone "farming" you camera seems unlikely to me, I figure he would just rip it off the tree. Cant imagine what the green stuff is. You had better have a talk, be friendly and if it doesn't get you anywhere then set up a game camera in another spot (hidden) pointing at the other camera. Then get the law involved.
    But you need to find out for certain and not speculate. Go talk with him

15. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

You didnt say 'how green' the stuff is. Way back road salt used rto have a blue/green tinge--Copper sulfate most likely.

Carefully taste the stuff and set a camera to get the perps picture then go ask him what he found and what he is spreading on your ground. Maybe a walk on his prop will reveal the same stuff there.