A problem neighbor, input requested.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Management' started by youp50, Aug 16, 2020.

1. I am quite certain he is farming my camera. I leave images of bucks on the chip, they are dated, and share with my grandson. Suddenly there are no images on the chips. I do have multiple chips and went through them all. No buck image. I would notice that the background trees would shift a little. The other day I had a blurred image, like it took an image while he was messing with it.

I have an excellent recipe for mineral. ( One part barn lime, one part Sweelix for goats, one part loose red salt and one part mono/di cal phosphate) The deer are not on the mineral. Now.

One day last week I noticed two sticks out of place. You may have seen aspen sticks that are rotting and turn a little green. Two of them a little ways apart on a trail. We cut firewood there this spring. There are no dead popples there. I looked at the sticks and that's where I saw the green stuff next to one. I had grandkids up, the fish were biting and I failed to get a sample. The green washed off and then the rest dissolved. A day or so later the sticks were gone. That is when I started to put two and two together. I am uncertain which neighbor it is.

I did move a camera about 15 feet in the air looking down. The tree is not good to climb and the extension ladder is locked. We will see when I get up there this weekend.

3. No I am not. I actually feel violated over this, at least I think its violated. You know, your home is your castle and now someone is sneaking around messing with it. The dwelling is over 200 yards from the road, when it was hot and the bugs were not bad, my wife and I were 'clothing optional'.

4. o_mykiss

o_mykiss

Are ALL the old pics gone, or just some? I have had issues in the past with cards formatting or getting messed up when putting them back in the camera.

You ought to be able to figure out pretty quick by formatting the card before putting in, especially now that you have an elevated 2nd camera to see what else is going on

5. Its not soap. Its bright green and dissolves. It works as a deer repellent. I will head to the farm supply stores. If I find more of it I will drop what I am doing and get a sample.

I am perplexed and irritated. Perhaps they are antis...

6. Just some. Images from last year are there, an old doe and fawn are there, Grandkids riding by on a wheeler are there. Buck images are gone.

I expect to visit with the Sheriff soon.

motdean likes this.
  7. Eric Bee

Eric Bee

Do you have "no trespassing" signs up? If not, put them up so that he knows you are aware of his presence

8. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

9. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Claymore mines with trip wires would help too.

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I was thinking about that guy who rigged the camera wirh a paint grenade. I still laugh about that one.

11. atp500

atp500

6speed and Lund Explorer, you guys are showing your age. Vietnam training and experience?

12. Topshelf

Topshelf

The one that will get people the easiest is put up a couple of signs that say that you're under video surveillance. "If you can read this you're on camera". You don't even have to put a camera up, it will mess with people's heads bad.
    Put it out near the road or wherever you suspect these people are coming in from. You can also get fake cameras from Amazon that have a little red flashing light on them. Mount a couple of them up high where would be tough to get to them.

And because I'm that guy, then I would definitely heavily camouflage one or two real cams and put them in a place where no one will look for them.
    Like I would find a place up the road or trail far enough away from the signs that it will catch them going to your property. Some trail cameras have the IR function and when you shine a light on them they reflect light back. So be careful of that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

13. Spartan88

Spartan88

Nam vets trained me and my Top was a two tour Nammer. He took time to teach a green butter bar, me.

14. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Yea, something like that.

It was always good to train the butter bars.

15. Spartan88

Spartan88

Miracle gro
    Helped to have CSM in the family too...

6Speed likes this.