A problem neighbor, input requested.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Management' started by youp50, Aug 16, 2020.

1. I have a neighbor that is really a pain. It took me a little while to put 2 and 2 together, he is farming my game cam. I was trying to figure where the buck images went. This piece of work is wiping them. He is also salting my land with a bright green pebbley substance that dissolves in the rain.

I have a measley piece of land in the western UP and a great 10 year old grandson. We really liked looking at the bucks coming to mineral lick. We first hunted my land last year, I have owned it for 30 years. The thinning for red oaks is paying off with acorns. Various white oaks are not dead yet, well all are not dead. Siberian pears and wild plums coming on and this tool buys next to me.

I have been spoiled by the vast tracts of National forest and commercial forest, hard to hunt a small plot (60 acres or so).

I am more than an aquaintance with the county Sheriff and will bring law into play. The question is, 'What is the bright green pebbly stuff?' I was reluctant to stick my nose in it to smell it and didn't pick any up before it dissolved.

Never had these problems before. Wisconsin is exporting their very best to the Yoop.

Thanks

2. wpmisport

wpmisport

Check with the local hardware or TSC type stores to find out what the green stuff could be. Rat poison or fertilizer is a couple of options.

3. kaplan

kaplan Premium Member

Is he an anti or a "hunter" ?

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Could it be pieces of Irish Spring soap?

Topshelf likes this.
  5. Waif

Waif

Downy fabric softener scent beads come to mind , but I don't really know what they look like.

You could put your hand in an inside out baggie , using it like a glove.
    After picking up a sample it's ready to close after you back your hand out without skin touching what you picked up.

stickman1978 and jeffm like this.
  6. PunyTrout

PunyTrout Staff Member Mod

That sounds like a lot of work and money unless he works for Unilever and gets cases of the soap for free.

7. Botiz

Botiz

Got a pic of the green stuff?

8. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

9. wpmisport

wpmisport

How is he doing this, opening the trail cam up and deleting the pics? Set up another camera that he cannot see and get pictures and take them to the law.

10. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

How do you know this ? Your SD card is going along with #s like 56, 57, 58, 62, 63, 64......
    so numbers 59-61 were deleted ? Seems like a lot of effort, plus evidence is left behind.
    Gotta ask, are just having a little fun with us with the pics and him salting your land ?

L & O

11. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

I have heard alot of things, but someone just deleting buck pic, and spreading something over your property.
    Come on that is a lot of work and money to do this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

stickbow shooter likes this.
  12. Waif

Waif

I'm not selling or promoting an individual....
    But if you can try recovering pics you suspect were deleted it might answer a suspicion. Or disprove it.

Sometimes a camera does things ...A pic tries to happen;but happened as not a pic.

https://www.z-a-recovery.com/tutorials/digital-image-recovery.aspx

I'd do as suggested and hide other cameras to watch the suspect camera.
    Even if one is distant with a clear shot and a subject is not easy to i.d. , a human form is noticeable vs deer....

13. hommer23

hommer23

Sulfur or slow release Sulfur, looks like a small green pill about the diameter of a bb and 1/16-1/8 inch thick.

14. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

What would be the point in someone buying this and spreading it on another's property ? This would be beneficial, not bad or something that would bother deer.
    I tried to think of something that may have dropped/blown from a tree onto the ground but not coming up with anything from nature.

L & O

15. hommer23

hommer23

Just throwing out what it could be, not always looking at the negative in people. Think about this, the guy bought new property, may want to put a food plot in but the soil is off and adds sulfur. He may not of had a stake survey done, just walked it with the old owner who thought the property line was. Maybe the OP is off on where the property line is located, we all know how things in the woods change from year to year.