A Different Fall Hunting Season

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Maple_Ridge, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

I will be taking a nice buck in honor of my late uncle. He passed recently from Cancer. Lots of good hunting memories on Opening day with the guys on his property. So far I have lost 2 uncles to cancer in 12 months.

Going to make the most of this fall with my family, loving every minute we get to spend together. Mom and dad both bow hunt and gun hunt, lots of other close family and friends do to. Here is to many happy blood trails and happy hunters! Soaking up every ounce of this Fall is my goal, from the fall time apple orchards to the Geese flying overhead, to orange pumpkins, fall cider and donuts, daylight sunrise through the hardwoods as bucks chase does in the frosty morning leaves. Every Ounce.

We don't truly know how precious each breath is, given to us. Love every minute guys, do the things with family you put off or haven't gotten to yet. Do it.

I had the priviledge of praying with my uncle before he passed. Knowing and accepting our savior Jesus is living. :)

Hoytman5, Yamirider, sniper and 22 others like this.
  2. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

Well said...... I whole heartily agree!!
    Flight

Wild Thing and LabtechLewis like this.

3. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Everyone is at least a little bit different. Some are a lot different.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”“Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” - John 11:25-27
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John11:25-27&version=NIV

3X8, bobsbeads, Osceola and 4 others like this.
  4. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Seasons are forever changing in the cycle of life. I remember my first deer camp and being in awe and inspired by all of the "elders" in camp....Dad, Uncles, Friends of the Family... That was many years ago and now I am the Camp Elder. They are all remembered on the eve of the firearms opener with a toast....and in the knowledge of His promise, that one day we will all be reunited in the resurrection.

Condolences on the loss of your uncles. Best of luck in taking a nice buck in their memory...

GWTH09, mofo, 3X8 and 6 others like this.
  5. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you, your family and his friends. Camp will not be the same but it is a very good opportunity to keep his memories for years to come. Again sorry for your loss.

Wild Thing likes this.
  6. tony_1

tony_1

Sorry for your loss Don. Remember the great times you’ve had with them and do your best to honor them this season.

Wild Thing and Hunters Edge like this.
  7. retired dundo

retired dundo

Sorry for your loss.That is one thing I don’t like about fall.Brings back memories about all great seasons with friends that are all gone. Everyone I spent most of fall with are gone or in able to do things.Usually when Iam in a blind Iam mostly thinking about all the good times with everyone and end up real sad

Wild Thing and old graybeard like this.
  8. old graybeard

old graybeard

Sorry for your losses. Enjoy your fall and know that they will be with you.

Wild Thing likes this.
  9. throughtheice88

throughtheice88

Great post.

My grandfather lived to deer hunt. He passed away when I was just a baby in a farm accident. Decades later, my dad and a couple others still visit his grave every November 14th and share a few cocktails with him.

Cherish the ones you have, and honor the ones you've lost. And as you said, don't let a single fall detail slip by without realizing how special it is!

10. Esquire

Esquire

Sorry for your loss. I look forward to the picture of your big buck!

Wild Thing likes this.