9 mile ramp

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by scottymac, Aug 9, 2017.

1. scottymac

scottymac

Asa newer fisherman to LSC I was wondering if anyone knows if that 9 mile ramp is now open to the public or just residents?

Also, are there any rocks, shallow areas, or general obstructions to look out for there when heading into the lake?

I have never launched out of there and hate to find out something the hard way by hitting something etal.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

2. maggie79

maggie79

you should be ok ramp not very good unless they finally fixed it, its sucked for at least 2 yrs-no poles to tie off busted and not fixed haven't been there this yr,so maybe its better. close to good fishing.

3. hank91

hank91

I was there 2 weeks ago. It's a decent ramp. Little small but no worries heading out to lake. 10 bucks. Opens at 6 am. Long walk is worst part. Ha

4. Mags

Mags Banned

It is a public ramp, with a $10 launch fee last I remember from a couple years ago. It is a fairly long walk from the dock, around the building, to the parking area, so it's a good idea to have two people............one to stay with your boat and the other parking the vehicle, for obvious reasons. If you head straight out from the channel for a 100-200 yds. or so you shouldn't have any problems, especially if you have a sonar unit.

5. scottymac

scottymac

Thanks for the responses guys. I was thinking of trying the dumping grounds I keep reading about. Trying to get my Dad out when weather is good and catch a few fish. He is getting older and I have to really try to pick nicer days for him now. I have only launched from the metro park before and that looks like quite a run. Appreciate the advice for sure

6. hank91

hank91

We ran out to dumping grounds from 9 mile. Not to bad 3.5-4 miles. Trolled for walleye but ended up perching. Got a decent mess around St Clair light. Got little rough coming in with boat traffic but not bad seeing how it was 2 on Sunday afternoon. Good luck out there. Tight lines

Jumbo likes this.
  7. scottymac

scottymac

Thanks Hank. I had another buddy run up there and only caught a few shorts today. I am going to try to go on a weekday to avoid boat traffic. Thanks again

8. greelhappy

greelhappy

I hope I am wrong here, but you will never get away from boat traffic in that area. Had a 24'er at 9 and a half mile and was bounced around no matter what day it was. Early morning is your best bet. Good luck.

9. ICEGUY

ICEGUY Premium Member

Every year I buy a non-resident yearly sticker for $100. Yep this year was pretty weak with the SCS ramps being under water. All good now. tightlinesyall

10. maggie79

maggie79

did they ever fix the dock poles?

11. Jumbo

Jumbo

Yes & no
    They still spinn
    NFG,

12. scottymac

scottymac

Thanks guys. I will just have to share with the big boats I guess or try. I am going to have to learn more about LSC because I am not going to fish Erie with this algae bloom. Welcome to the new Pure Michigan I guess in Brest Bay. I have fished LSC many a dozen times but yes especially weekends the pleasure boaters were crazy. Everything is a trade off I guess

13. greelhappy

greelhappy

Just asking..............Is there another boat launch between the Nine mile launch and Altar Rd or St.Jean?

14. Hollada

Hollada

Nope

15. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Were is other one , delray ? Never launched there was told never to try