77,000--New 1 Day Record For Covid Cases

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Liver and Onions, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewster

brewster Premium Member

I'm missing what you're saying here.

2. Fishndude

Fishndude

All the people who are crying like little babies about having to wear masks, social distancing, and losing their "freedom," can thank themselves when the State gets locked down. Cases are increasing at the fastest rate, so far - in MI, and nationally. Hospitalizations lag diagnoses (but are climbing quickly), and deaths lag hospitalizations (but are climbing quickly). The future is dim. Europe is in a horrible state, and just passed 10,000,000 cases.

Our youngest grandchild turns 1 year old, Nov 5th. My daughter just cancelled her birthday party. It was a tough decision, but she made it with her husband.

jr28schalm likes this.

3. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

You said my being negative was bringing them down. I can't remember once having a negative conversation with them, my kids talk to them more than I do and its always positive and uplifting for them. They talk and talk. I made a sarcastic reply to your comment. I understand sarcasm isn't conveyed in type very easily. My bad.

4. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Thats the hardest part for me. My son is going to be 4 soon and absolutely loves his grandparents.

5. brewster

brewster Premium Member

Just based on what I've heard from some elderly and what I expressed in my post; have your kids call often and they can do facetime.

You can figure a way to connect, especially if they have internet, to do face to face talks.

I've talked to a couple, know it all, pretty young people who've said they couldn't make it work. Others bought the right, yet cheap, tech so the gramps could see the grandkids.

People can make the connection or, choose not to, make the connection, they deserve it.

DanSS26, jr28schalm and LuckyBucks like this.
  6. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

One of the worse things going through this pandemic is the evolution of thoughts and feelings on the matter and having to interact with others going through the same thing. But, the kicker is everyone evolves at different times and at different levels. Some move back n forth. Even policy makers in the workplace.

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. brewster

brewster Premium Member

I'm sorry, it wasn't obvious to me, it just seems that there are so many woe is me covid will kill us all depressionists, that it gets old.

I went back and re-read the posts. If, like you just posted, you and the kids are positive when you call that would be great for them.

Especially people in seclusion need the positive reinforcement that people care for them, literally told to them.

vsmorgantown and Ieatshrooms like this.
  8. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I don't know what to think about Europe. We hear how bad of shape these other countries are in, then I see 1000s protesting lockdown regs. Even Italy has massive protest, yet I remember the horrific triage stories coming from Italy. Patients dying in the hallways!

I wont post links. Look at ytube channel "Ruptly".

9. piketroller

piketroller

Have you filed a police report yet? That definitely sounds like criminal activity to me. We don’t need more faceless, maskless boogeymen to point to. Having concrete examples of consequences for people who act criminally getting charged and convicted would be helpful.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  10. sureshot006

My wife was just telling me about a family friend who lost both parents, 2 uncles and one aunt to covid. I suspect (don't know them personally) they were all pretty high risk but dang...

11. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

I'll leave that to my in-law's. I'll talk to him at the funeral.

12. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

The boys visit them regularly. They waterfowl hunt with dad and will soon be deer hunting together.

13. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

By helping your parents out?
    I'll take my chances with them.

vsmorgantown likes this.
  14. sureshot006

Not necessarily. Its what people do before that, or what they don't do.

Its "fatigue". Happens with lots of things.

15. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

Not her but the dept. of health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.