77,000--New 1 Day Record For Covid Cases

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Liver and Onions, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

You said it better than I can. This one image always goes through my mind when thinking of the attitude of way too many Americans...

Odoyle.jpg

We all know how that ends.

2. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

I wouldn't go that far, but we are freedom loving people and for someone to step in and tell us no.... And shut down our businesses...

Covid be damned!

3. zig

zig

I think we're pretty bad anymore..... And I firmly believe we're getting very confused as a society as to what freedom actually means....

That said, if the government mandated a shutdown of a business, the government should pay that business lost income comparable to prior years for the duration, at least a portion of. But, that didn't happen.

4. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

I have wanted to start a thread about that. When I hear people always talking about their 'freedom' and referring to people as 'sheep', it just shows how little they know.

I'm free, I can do whatever I want! I'm free to take your mailbox! I'm free to move into your house! Oh wait, then you aren't free to have those thing. The amount of freedom we have is only gained through cooperation.

The sheep one drives me nuts even more. Every thought that goes through your mind is borrowed from a language taught to you. Even the saying itself 'you're a sheep', they are just repeating from what they heard. We are all sheep, like it or not.

Boardman Brookies, fishmark and zig like this.
  5. Fishndude

Fishndude

This is why we lead the world in covid cases, and deaths. We just won't (by choice) do what it takes to knock this down significantly. smh

Boardman Brookies likes this.
  6. piketroller

piketroller

The two stereotyped idealistically opposes view points used to the one side argued personal responsibility was the preferred option with no need for government action vs. everyone acting in anarchy until the government stepped in with the heavy handed control they secretly craved. But where we are today, people seem to be happy to pick and choose the elements from each system that they favor for themselves while projecting the control measures from both on others. It’s a mindset that results in chaos every time.

bjacobs likes this.
  7. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Didn't he get the results late in the game, and had been sitting in the dugout with the rest of the guys the whole time anyway?

bjacobs and Josh R like this.
  8. sureshot006

Haha, EXACTLY right.

9. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

My parents are 90+. When this all started they were so paranoid they didn't want to see anyone even on mothers day. They did go to the store once per week dressed as if they were wearing hazmat suits. Since they have lightened up when with us or my brother. Started out by sitting out on the covered porch. Now we do go indoors. Lately I have been taking my dad to a few doctors. No mask in my truck. Just yesterday they came to my house so I could "fix" his game tablet. No mask. They will now get take out at 2 different places but will not go inside (drive thru).

10. sureshot006

And therein lies the reason cases are going up. Letting guard down

11. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

Yes, but that wouldn't include the entire pitching staff, trainers, family members, etc. that all came on the field. He also kissed his wife on the mouth, knowing he is COVID positive. Really, how dumb can you get? Not to mention league and team officials tried to get him to not go out there, and he just blew them off. Basically the ME, ME, ME attitude on full display. It's one thing to not know you are positive and sit on the bench with them, its a whole other to full well know you have COVID and put people at risk for no reason other than to fulfill your selfish desires.

sureshot006 likes this.
  12. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

My BILs sister that was covid positive, and knew, visited her father and went to work. Her father died today. He wasn't doing good and it killed him really fast. So in the last two weeks my BIL lost two family members to covid because of stupidity. My view, she should be in jail.

The ball player, these people think it won't kill them so they don't care.

13. jimbo

jimbo

8th grade football last night in a community about 30 miles south east. A guy I work with happen to drive by the game and was amazed at all the people. He said the stands were full and people standing along the fence too , just like a veracity game from years before. I friend of his was there and said they just stopped turning people away and the word spread.
    I know, Seems hard to believe to me to

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

The word on the street is that the governess is going to cut down the indoor events from 500 to 50. She is also going to require people to give names and addresses when they eat in a restaurant. This information came from a Monroe county government official. Details are expected in the next couple of days.

15. piketroller

piketroller

Heard the same thing today about restaurants. The county health departments aren’t able to keep up with contract tracing so they are asking everyone to help from business to individuals. There are still a lot of people who won’t answer the phone or call back the local health departments to help with this, so they are hoping non-governmental people might have more success.

sureshot006 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.