77,000--New 1 Day Record For Covid Cases

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Liver and Onions, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Do you have insight to the data being collected on vaccines? If so, who is coming out on top so I might invest?

We don't even know if one of them will work, or to what extent.

2. B.Jarvinen

B.Jarvinen Premium Member

I am so good at doing things outside, all the time, that it is hard for me to talk about the virus with most people. I just finished a 4 week stretch of sleeping outside with another one starting up soon till the 14th or so. The upheaval of 2020 has had little impact on my life aside from not going to the bar once a week any more, and I do miss that quite a bit.

I routinely suggest to people that more time outside will cure their random blues. I truly hope everyone reading this website can put the quoted advice above on the front burner in their lives. Humans are social creatures, sure. But it is not that hard to socialize outside and should be particularly simple for members of this forum.

That said, one of my regular Old Man complaints went into overdrive today while out fishing, quite comfy in some layers of fleece. (Do fleece-lined pants turn you into SuperMan when it is cold? I think so.) I don’t know what it is about wind chills right around freezing and below that keep people thinking they can go out in strong cold winds wearing a pair of shorts. “It’s so cold out here!” Yeah, that’s cuz you are a stone cold idiot! Saw 2 such contestants today, one a young woman - rarely seen being that stupid. Both (hours apart) were being particularly bitchy about their outdoors experience today. Another random example of what we are up against in the months to come. A little tangential to Covid. But one reason, in my opinion, that the virus is a challenging opponent for Humanity is that Humanity is steadily becoming such an indoor species.

TK81, DanSS26, Uber-Schneider and 2 others like this.

3. Fishndude

Fishndude

Who has the vaccine that is "right down the road?" And how far down the road is it? And how, exactly are the numbers "in our favor," when we just have the same treatments we've been using for months, now? It is GOOD that you are limiting your contacts at the hardware and TSC. Are there other places you frequent, which you failed to mention? Do you shop for groceries, or buy food from restaurants? Wearing a mask over your mouth, and nose, is what successfully reduces the potential spread of covid by 70%. Just wearing it over your mouth kind of defeats the purpose - like driving a boat around without the plug in, but with a bilge pump running, sort of.

Now, about that vaccine............. Have you ever seen the movie linked below? You can only speed vaccines to market so fast, without endangering people with unknown side effects. I am not saying a covid vaccine would turn people into light-hating zombies, but there is a reason vaccines take 18+ months to develop.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

One of my fishing buddies worked with a guy who died of covid. He caught it when the bars re-opened, and he started hanging out like he did before covid - when things were normal. He stated that he wished he hadn't gone to the bar, and caught covid, before he died. But he's dead now, and won't be passing it along to anyone else at the bar. :eek:

4. piketroller

piketroller

When someone is wearing the mask below nose level, you could just assume they are mouth breathers like I do. Still plenty of reasons to stay away from them even if they aren’t spreading anything.

Forest Meister and pescadero like this.
  5. Fishndude

Fishndude

I am a mouth breather as well. It doesn't kill me to wear a mask over my mouth, and nose. And, if I contract covid without knowing, it could save the lives of others, who might otherwise come into contact with aerosol droplets from my breathing and get it. It would bother me a great deal if I passed covid on to anyone else, and they died from it. I realize that a lot of people don't care that much about others, and won't do anything to protect others. That is why we lead the world in covid cases. Period.

November Sunrise likes this.
  6. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

I have always hated people standing over me and this is just a good reason for them to stay away

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. piketroller

piketroller

D5357095-0038-44C1-ABC3-3C2EB3DAF69C.gif

8. jimbo

jimbo

Ya, all you guys are correct about the vaccine. The evil president got a bunch of evil scientists to gather to whip up a witches brew.
    So when it comes out, do not get it. It’s a trick. It’ll turn you into zombies.
    Like most of you, I’ll be in the third wave when it comes.
    My daughter,, being in the medical field, will be in the first wave

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

9. sureshot006

That isn't what I'm saying at all. You just come across as having a vaccine is a slam dunk. It isn't. Its no guarantee at all. Yes they're doing trials but until the trials prove it actually works, all we can do is hope for a vaccine.

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Even when they prove it actually works you have to get people to actually get it. I would be surprised if more people get it then the percentage that get the flu shot today. Only way that will change is if govt makes it mandatory for alot of things like working in certain fields or going to school.

It will still probably be similar to a flu shot where they will tell you it cant guranteed you wont get it but may lessen the virus if you do. The virus will mutate some and it will take time to take effect after your shot.

sureshot006 likes this.
  11. sureshot006

Yup. I will get it when I can. So far, from what I've read, the mutations aren't in a way that would void the current vaccine attempts.

12. Scott K

Scott K

False and false

13. piketroller

piketroller

14. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

This is America, you are free to be wrong.

Chessieman and Dreamchaser like this.
  15. Scott K

Scott K

Understood. There are also cases of in person ballets not being counted properly.

Anyways, my comment was more of a reply to him saying it's not responsible for someone to vote by mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.