77,000--New 1 Day Record For Covid Cases

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Liver and Onions, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ease-sets-new-u-s-record-rising-over-n1244490

This was Thurs. Looks like today(Fri.) breaks yesterdays record with over 80,000. Our daily death total had dropped to the low 700s when the cases dropped into the 50,000 range. Probably that average will return to about 1000 daily deaths.
    -social distance when possible
    -wear a mask when appropriate
    -avoid crowds when possible
    -wash hands a lot
    -do things outside--like tailgating with friends in a safe way

L & O

2. Fishndude

Fishndude

Avoid others you aren't living with, as much as possible. This is getting worse real fast.

Do you know what General Custer's last words were? "Hey, where did all these Indians come from?"

3. Northernfisher

Northernfisher Premium Member

Let's hope not. We have better treatments.

4. jd4223

jd4223

Does anybody remember what the 1 day record was for testing positive for H1N1(Swine Flu)? Just curious since it was estimated between 60 million and 80 million Americans were infected! Oh yeah that's right the media didn't do a 24/7 count to keep us in lock down mode. I wonder why that was? As far as the death counts for H1N1(Swine Flu) I wonder if you died from a heart attack did they test you to see if they could associate the cause of death being attributed to H1N1(Swine Flu) or for that matter any death period. Kind of odd how the media stepped up their reporting during this pandemic when barely giving a mention of the H1N1(Swine Flu) Pandemic.but then again nobody will really knows the true numbers of deaths associated/attributed to the previous Pandemic. Just wondering?

5. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Do you realize that swine flu wasnt as deadly as covid and it didnt cause the long term issues that covid does in so many cases? Wasnt really a need to be as alarmed about swine flu. Did you know with swine flu you were ok to go to work 24 hrs after fever was gone according to CDC. Why would we have been so alarmed for H1N1

Do you realize most people didnt get their news on social media in 2009 the way they do now? Lots of things are different today. Far more misinformation out there that you seem to be gullable enough to believe.

6. RDS-1025

RDS-1025

Now why would you want to inject logical thought and common sense into a perfectly good pandemic crisis?

NbyNW, 5eyes, zfishman and 7 others like this.
  7. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Are you talking about the virus that caused 12,000 deaths? You saying swine flu killed way more than estimated?

You should write a book. Maybe the rest of the world could learn something.

8. Tom (mich)

Tom (mich) Premium Member

I wonder what the record high daily case rate was for tennis elbow? As long as we're bringing up other irrelevant diseases, let's cover em all!

9. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

85,100 ...
    The number of new Covid-19 cases in the U.S. for a single day on 10/23/2020

How important is this number?
    It is the highest single day number of new cases in the U.S. since the pandemic started.
    The previous high was on 7/29/2020 at 79,460.
    Almost 3 months and now we are worse than we were on 7/29/2020.

This will keep those of us that keep quarantined(?) to continue to quarantine longer than we should have.

When will people learn?

But hey,
    U.S.A., U.S.A, U.S.A, ...
    We're number 1!

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Not trying to downplay anything here because this virus is serious and been dealing with it for awhile now with my family.....

But we arent nunber 1. Europe is worse now. This is a global issue. The spike is everywhere. Europe as a whole is about exactly twice our population and they just hit their all time high 200k cases a day. If we had their rate of infection we would be around 100k cases a day right now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-europe-cases-idUSKBN2780C5

jiggin is livin and Dish7 like this.
  11. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

I'm not down playing it either.
    My wife and I just got our test results yesterday. Negative, which is great!
    Not so great, wife coworkers husband is on a ventilator and coworker tested positive.
    God parents and their daughter just tested positive. A work acquaintance just tested positive.

This is exploding in Midland and I see more not wearing masks than a month ago.
    I see no other way than another shutdown to slow the spread again.
    I have two more small jobs, a week each, and I'm shutting down for awhile. I have a commercial multiple bathroom remodel that is going to get pushed back. I don't want to be working around a bunch of strangers. My workers agree.

bowhunter42 and jr28schalm like this.
  12. wpmisport

wpmisport

Did not know it was exploding in Michigan, 773 cases and 14 deaths. Bay and Saginaw counties are much worse. It is on the rise around US and seems like we are heading toward another shutdown. Let's hope not.
    https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98163_98173---,00.html

jiggin is livin and Gamekeeper like this.
  13. jimbo

jimbo

14. RichP

RichP

quarter million dead, with the body count equivalent to 9/11 still happening every 4 to 5 days...unknown number of long haulers...this all despite distancing measures (imagine toll without it), but people are still pushing their favorite facebook posts on swine flu, lol

15. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Lmao

jiggin is livin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.