6-19 Walleye

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Lake Boy, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Got lines set about 9:00 out with pack between Stoney Point and Ohio line.Picked up one short and one white bass.Was not marking much.Got a text from Milanmark out near E-buoy that he was picking away at them.Went over to that area.Was marking a ton of fish,but the water was just to dirty.Trolled for a little while but the bugs got to bad for us and the temp started going up.Pulled lines and went home with skunk.Did get my first sheep of the year there.Waiting for cool down or water to clear before next trip.Nice ride though.

12riverfish and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  2. chuckb

chuckb

Mark likes to run crawlers. I wonder if that is best tactic in dirtier water. How was water out deep? What foot did you notice water clearing up?

benelli/girl likes this.

3. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Between Stoney Point and line was clean.Mayfly husks were starting to show up.I just didnt mark much that way.

4. fisherman 2

fisherman 2

we fished that area by the line and got our 12...fish must have moved as the marks today were a lot fewer...dipseys were slow today, bandits did good

Lake Boy likes this.
  5. spar10

spar10

We started near Lake Boy this morning - got a double setting lines . . . then nothing for an hour. Not really even seeing marks on the chart. So ran south and ended just a bit north of River Raisin in 28-29 fow (still in MI). Water was more off-color, but started picking away at them. Running crawlers on bottom bouncers 1.4-1.5 mph. Wonder Bread and purple were best producers. All our fish came right near the bottom. Started at 8 and ended at 11:30 with our 12. It was weird because we were not marking many fish, but when we did, we were hooking up. Boats were all over the horizon - I think the fish were just scattered.

6. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Nice job.Glad someone got into them.Dont have my Ohio license which restricted us on where we could go.Hoping water clears up near E-buoy.Plenty of marks there.Of course they all could be sheep.

7. BuckeyeFootball

BuckeyeFootball

Started fishing around 10am west of the pack most of the day with spoons, 2.7 to 3.0 Had a double almost immediately ended up with 5 keepers,a silver, a perch, and at least 20 shorts. Seemed to really die after about 1030 but keeping the lines cleaned of shorts was a challenge. Also most of the fish were puking up mayflies.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  8. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Had a really good time out there today.

First time I ever ran a Full Strut of spoons for walleye. Pretty happy with the results. They all seemed to work. Floating weeds were a bit frustrating.

Thanks for the advice @jstfish48162 !

20200619_121646.jpg

9. jstfish48162

jstfish48162

Nice job LL!!! Glad you were able to get on em.
    Never saw weeds out there Wednesday evening.
    Looks like decent size fish are still around.

LabtechLewis likes this.
  10. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Yep. Bigger than I'm used to catching there. I measured one at 22" and think we had one or two pushing 24". Only threw a couple back.

11. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

65597375-6DA8-45A3-BB21-929A10526373.jpeg 9BAC2AA5-0EB1-464D-92A2-C6773B0595C8.jpeg
    Hail to the crawlers! I was more concerned about water temp than clear water. Temp was like 78 close to Bolles and I headed east and stopped when I hit 25' and 72 degrees. Got a couple then the sheep were too thick, headed out to 28' same temp and got a few more... headed back to 25' to the waypoint I made and finished with 5 more could not get the 12th fish! My buddy the sheep king finished with a huge catfish! And another tangle so we called it quits. HOT out there! Beautiful day, was better when we were speeding across the lake and a nice breeze! My new net! Rubber worked great!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  12. fishindude644

fishindude644

That actually is a pretty cool pic.

LabtechLewis likes this.
  13. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder

Trolled Bandits SSP 25' -31' Only got 7. But nice fish. Couple of farm animals. Didn't want to stop and get crawlers. Beautiful day. Water was 72 degrees. Great fishery. Saw some marks that Roofer would probably like.

14. Fishndude

Fishndude

I fished solo today. No electronics. Ran out past Stoney Point, and up by Fermi. Set up inside the pack, since I had no idea where the OH line was. Trolled Bandits south, and got my 6 in a couple hours. Hit doubles a couple times by stalling the boat, then starting up quickly - but only landed both one time. I caught 2 fish pulling lines after I landed my limit fish, lol. What a great fishery. I stayed outside all the floating weeds, as I wasn't about to deal with that mess.

15. Macs13

Macs13

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a different Lake Erie than the rest of you. Found tons upon tons of perch but very tight lipped. Did catch a few so that's how I know what I was marking. No eyes. Trolling for awhile now. Don't know where e bouy is. Don't know what a bandit is. That might help. Pulling a deep Rapala and a crawler harness.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

perchjerker and red wolf like this.