52pt at Jerome Country Market

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by hplayer13, Oct 6, 2020.

1. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

He does not use beetles Sparky. My son has never done am Elk, but I can ask him if his partner has.

skipper34 likes this.
  2. Good friends son got a bull in kentucky today and asked

U of M Fan and kisherfisher like this.

3. Mole Hill

Mole Hill

At this point old Mitch himself couldn't save this thread.

4. monczunski

monczunski

an employee of jerome market has confirmed this was taken from a high fenced farm. all info from original facebook post.

hplayer13 likes this.
  5. sniper

sniper

Thanks for the confirmation. The Facebook info would’ve helped from the beginning before everybody swords were drawn here. Pages of conjecture for nuttin.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

There is no cleaning grinder plates between grindings for any butcher of any shop with any animal. Not sure why you think there would be. I worked a couple years cutting meat as an apprentice in college. I mostly ground meat. We were supposed to clean the grinder at the end of the day when all the rest of the meat saws, slicers, cubers etc... were cleaned. The store I worked In cleaned the grinder every other day because the grinder was in a seperate room that was colder than the meat room. It was also used often after the manager left for the day because demand was always high for grind.

I have worked part time for a couple deer processors well before todays permit and inspection processes existed. Every customer got their deer's meat back. Grind was never batch ground. The grinder was cleaned at the end of the night. During rifle season a typical day might mean 15-17 hrs of continous use before cleaning. The processors I worked for never stole meat. They had no reason to because so many customers drop off a deer and never pick it up. Happens more than you think. One pack of your grind likely had 1/4lb of another hunters deer from what was left in the grinding plate. A small bit was left of your deer for the next guy.

Sausage was made in 80lb batches so if you asked for 20lbs of sausage your snack sticks or summer sausage was mixed with 2-5 other hunters deer most likely. They were very up front about that.

Whitetail_hunter likes this.
  7. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Hmm sounds exactly what I've been saying. In varying degrees, you don't get your own meat back.

8. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Many guys who shoot bucks at high fence ranches don't want people to know that's where the deer came from.

November Sunrise likes this.
  9. Sharkbait11

Sharkbait11

No kidding! I hope anyone that shoots an animal inside a fence doesn't refer to themselves as a hunter. Cant believe deer farms are even legal anymore given the known links to CWD and potential for those beasts to escape.

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

If you are talking about 1/3lb or 1/4lb of venison out of the 30-50lbs total you get back then yeah you dont get your meat back.

There is very little left in the grind plate and auger.

HUBBHUNTER2 and Whitetail_hunter like this.
  11. McDonaldoutdoors

McDonaldoutdoors

Wow at first glance I thought a giant was shot somewhere. Turns out it’s 52 points to debate meat processing...dam trending posts emails...

FREEPOP likes this.
  12. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

:yeahthat:

13. jwheelfan03

jwheelfan03

;)
    wish they’d cut some more holes in the buck pens!;)

14. miruss

miruss

Dropped one off yesterday !! Like what i seen very nice couple there and very clean !