5/15 interesting night on the water

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by littleboatbigfish, May 17, 2018 at 1:08 AM.

1. littleboatbigfish

littleboatbigfish

Crazy day on the water tuesday night... launched at the DQ launch in algonac around 5 and made my usual drift picked up 3 eyes then hooked into something big (presumably a sturgeon, lost it as it seemed to be running up to jump)... reset the drift and within a minute my brother hooked into another sturgeon, saw it jump twice during about an hour plus fight drifted down to the ferry to harsens, snapped off on the fish trying to get out of the way of the ferry.... went back up and popped our limit and went back into the launch.
    Once at the launch my brother tried messing around with what he thought were some bait fish swimming around the dock, however after catching one they turned out to be small brown trout... never seen any browns in the river... all in all amazed by the fishery that we have on the SCR

2. Anthonydaslayer

Anthonydaslayer

3. on a call

on a call

Yeppers...interesting night

If you had said you saw a sea serpent I might have not believed your story

4. on a call

on a call

Man of many word

5. on a call

on a call

Hope you did not use those browns for bait :)

6. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

2-3 yrs ago we seen 100s of browns near a power plant chasing minnows at the surface. Thought we'd long line rapala's behind the boat and tie into a bunch. Nope, didn't happen but was neat to see. Believe they stocked them a few yrs back ? Not positive but think they did.

7. littleboatbigfish

littleboatbigfish

No sea serpents yet, will get back to you if I hear anything lol

snortwheeze likes this.
  8. kbb3358

kbb3358

Hooked up a sturgeon Saturday evening. After an 1/2 hour fight and dragging us up river than across and back down river for 1/2 mile or so. I decided to either break line or get him off the bottom. I put gloves on and pulled the line and straightened all three hooks out on the stinger. Don't know how big it was but never did get it off the bottom.

littleboatbigfish likes this.
  9. littleboatbigfish

littleboatbigfish

After about an hour that's what ours did, decided to just stick to the bottom, did get to see it though twice and would have to guess it was somewhere around 55''... doubt it was coming in on 10 lb line anyways just would've been one great story to tell

10. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Buddy's son hooked 1 same general area and fought it for 3 hrs.... Swam away unharmed but 3 hr fight !

11. kbb3358

kbb3358

I had #8 pound power-pro on. I thought for sure the line would break first. Next day bent hooks back on stinger and got my limit using same lure and stinger.

12. FivesFull

FivesFull

My dad and I had a double sturgeon in Algonac a few years ago. We were taking turns fighting his and I didn't take my line out and all the sudden it went down and we both had one on. Landed mine only around 45" one of a few I have caught but his must have been 60"+ easily because we could get it right in front of us but not off the bottom. Eventually the line broke

13. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Have yet to catch one with any jewelry attached to it, kinda surprised.

14. littleboatbigfish

littleboatbigfish

Told my brother he's going to catch one in July with a fin-s minnow hanging off the side

6667supersport likes this.
  15. FivesFull

FivesFull

Caught one with a bluegill crankbait in its mouth. Still have the lure