350 with weaver scope

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Shawnxbow, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

Trying to sight in good groups just right is all. I have moved the scope a lot seams to want to shoot same spots WTH checked scope it is tight. It moves with in a few inches is all? Elevations are good from 50-91 yards but keep shooting to the right getting good groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. kroppe

kroppe

Can you get a good group at 50yds? Did you buy the rifle and scope new or preowned? How many shots are you taking before letting the barrel cool?

3. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

Think I figured out scope might be lose bought new from a gun store said he goes through them all. My ass back at it again soon. It is ok sent some down range break in period lol. Right side scope mount huge gap left side tight. This would have been my first thought if I was told something different. Shots 3 walk down shot 3 cleaned barrel after every 12 shots. I can shot this all day wow

4. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

By the groups good not great 1-1/2 in just can’t get it to move over to the left keeps shoot same area. Now I have gaps on scope about even on the rings. See if that helps

5. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

Get a new scope.. Weaver scopes have a sketchy track history. If everything is tight it's probably the scope.. When you do get the scope off check out the scope base screws.. That is where I would start..

6. skipper34

skipper34

The scope may have bottomed out in the wind age adjustment.

7. Ken

Ken

Crank it left as far as possible. Then crank it back right one whole turn. Shoot a group each way. See where it is. Also possible the scope was not centered from the factory

8. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

Bought it from a gun shop said he mounted the scope well if that’s the case I won’t be going back. Rings where loose and on the rail as well. So i will be back after now. Need to break it in anyway

9. trucker3573

trucker3573

Wasn’t Oakland tactical was it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

11. Driven2tri24

Driven2tri24

I would pull scope & rings off. check scope base screws. If loose, I would pull each screw and retighten with a drop of blue loctite (usually 20 INCH pounds) if you have torque wrench. Then re-mount scope with proper sequence of cross bolts(usually 30-35"#) and then ring caps(usually 15-20"#). These torque settings are general settings for generic scope rings/bases..Obviously PREMIUM rings/bases could call for tighter and looked up from MFG website.
    Many always blame cheap scopes but in reality I've found it's almost ALWAYS the scope base and rings improperly torqued/mounted//

Tilden Hunter likes this.