3/24 Simcoe

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by Wall-llard Willie, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

I gotta be out of my mind..... Didn't feel like jigging the D with the action being slow and haven't been able to make it to Simcoe in 2 years soooooooo.
    I get up a 2 am, am on the water by 7:00, have a 1 mile radius around me with NOBODY else around, have my limit and am back in the car by 1:40 and finished cleaning fish by 8:30.
    Even being randomly selected for a search at the boarder (only 15 minutes) couldn't upset me.
    Mar24 Simcoe.jpg

2. reel habits

reel habits

That's awesome, where did you put in from. I am thinking of trying to make it back over one more time this week, maybe Wednesday, Thursday. I assume that you walked out?

3. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

I walked out of insifill near Barrie, shore ice was rock solid but that'll be changing this week.... They're predicting warm temps and rain.
    Still had an easy 16" of good clear ice. I did see a few machines drive by but for the most part I had the lake to myself.

4. reel habits

reel habits

thanks for the reply.

litg8r likes this.
  5. HRCHLab

HRCHLab

I love when spur-of-the-moment trips work out. Your rewarded for your preserverence!
    Bet u got a pretty good workout w that auger lol

6. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

its only a 5" so its not too bad, I wanted a 4" but they didn't have one when I went to buy it 10 years ago:) Its all about that surface area being cut!

7. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Those tip ups are exactly like the ones my Dad made 40 years ago.He worked with that design and finally perfected it to male the rod holder part lay inside of the cutout base.Good job on the last minute ice run !

Wall-llard Willie likes this.
  8. litg8r

litg8r

Excellent! Great report- good for you!