close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2nd. Amendment..alive and well ...west Michigan

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by 9mm Hi-Power, Mar 30, 2018.

1. zig

zig

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be flippant, but I'm learning to accept, if not welcome, that comment on this forum as it pertains to certain topics.

2. zig

zig

And, honestly, this is why it is so difficult to have a conversation with some of you guys. The "behind the desk" comment made by the one guy.... See, when I'm having the conversation with him, I get it. I share it with you guys and you want to hang the whole conversation on it. It was largely a figure of speech, as if to say, "they are are so outmatched that the argument doesn't make any sense at all." Yeesh...

As far as boots on the ground over there. Yep. We have thousands. And, as many resources as we DON'T want to use over there, you think they would scarcely use resources with a rebellion on their own soil? I tend to think they would not. Public opinion is out the window at that point, as the public just became enemy #1. Everything and anything becomes useful and expendable at that point.

3. Nick Adams

Nick Adams

Over there, as in the Middle East, is the not the relevant scenario to be considering in this context. In a Syria scenario your constitutional rights are going to be the least of your concerns.

Think more along the lines of the Branch Davidians, who chose to shoot it out and got wiped out in the process, or Bundy Ranch, where they ended up in court rather than in a gun fight.

-na

zig likes this.
  4. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I get it. We have the best military on the planet. The best equipment and the best soldiers......when everything and everyone is working in harmony. Just saying.

5. pescadero

pescadero

Basically everyone does.

Even the most ardent of original constructionists believe amendments are acceptable, and even Scalia (who claimed more than nay justice I can think of to be an "originalist") never refused the power of judicial review granted by Marbury v. Madison.

6. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

You're looking at two whackjob fringe groups and not a large portion of a pissedoff society from all walks of life. Of which, would only grow should rockets fly into American homes as suggested earlier.

7. Nick Adams

Nick Adams

German Jews, 1930: a large and influential component of German society.
    German Jews, 1940: whackjob fringe group

This is why it is important to protect not only the rule of law, but the constitutional rights of groups on the margins of society.

-na

8. brushbuster

brushbuster

An American tyrannical government would be fighting rebel groups for many years if it ever came down to it.

Fool'em and Swampdog467 like this.
  9. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Sorry for my knee jerk comment, not typical of my posts. Certainly they could take out individuals at will, many, many at the same time. But they could never take us all at once, it would be a long, hard struggle. Honestly, if it ever came to that I believe you would see a split in the military and there would be an all out war. Do I believe that will ever happen on this soil? I very sincerely hope not. Is it possible? I'd rather not ponder that question.

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

zig and Fool'em like this.
  10. Fool'em

Fool'em

Minority group persecuted by our federal government- see Native Americans. Vastly outnumbered and a woefully under-regulated militia. They still put up a good fight in most instances even with the vast majority against them.
    Think it cannot happen here- it already has. How many times did it go well for them once they were finally disarmed?

That's why we say
    NEVER ONE MORE INCH!
    We have given enough ground on the 2nd.

brushbuster and Swampdog467 like this.
  11. imjon

imjon

Sure is, I really enjoy my time teaching hunter safety at our club. The kids we get are all well versed by their parents on gun safety for the most part and everyone of them looks forward to the live fire part even though most of them have better guns than what we use for the classes.

Swampdog467 likes this.
  12. imjon

imjon

Obviously not realizing there may some within their own group that would leave them lifeless at their desks to live up to their oath.

13. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

We have a different experience. A lot of our kids are from families that don't shoot or hunt and I am glad we get them. These are some of the most important to reach, to give them positive experiences with firearms. Many of these kids will want to join the club for camping or canoeing and end up wanting to learn to shoot because they see their friends doing it. We even get some parents that become interested in shooting who had no previous experience with the sport. It's a great way to reach people who could otherwise end up on the other side of the fence without this positive input.
    If anyone would like some info on how to get involved in 4H shoot me a pm and I will try to get you pointed in the right direction. We need all the people we can get in favor of firearms. Even if they want to argue about some of the details...

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Fool'em likes this.