2021 hunting plans

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by Former grunt, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Robert Van Munster

Robert Van Munster

I just applied for my Wyoming General Elk bowhunting tag today. I'm hoping I draw with 3 preference points, but it will be close. My hunting buddy put in for the special tag, so he will probably draw a tag. DIY hunt, will be a lot of fun.

WMU05, TheMAIT and Fool'em like this.
  2. ducksarge

ducksarge

I also applied for this with 3 points. Will be iffy to draw.

TheMAIT likes this.

3. MAP1

MAP1

FYI I didn’t draw Wyoming General Elk in 2018 with 3 points regular draw!

4. Former grunt

Former grunt

Between myself, my buddy who lives in idaho and a member from a different forum who also lives in idaho got spots picked out for both mule deer and elk. Gear wise got a new scope on the way for the 300 win mag plus a magazine conversion kit to make it detachable magazine. Time to start prepping getting ready for the mountains again shape wise.

Nostromo, WMU05 and brushbuster like this.
  5. azelkhntr

azelkhntr

My son and I are sitting on enough points for AZ to hopefully draw bull tags this year. If not I’ll be going to N. CO. to hang with some good buds while they hunt elk. I’ll pick up a small game and fishing license. I was into blues big time last year while otc archery elk. 2-05 our javelina hunt starts. I’ll probably do late otc archery turkey as well. I need a couple more cottontails for the freezer. I just want a normal society and life back to be honest. Sick of the bs.

ducksarge and WMU05 like this.
  6. boon

boon

41A is the unit we were going to apply for. According to the DNR I talked too they thought 3points should have a pretty good chance. Would you agree? I’ve bow hunted SD a few times, but this is a first for applying for a rifle tag..

7. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

I looked at the stats and in 2020 3out4 applicants drew in 41A. Do you have private land access? There is hardly any public land in 41A.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

8. boon

boon

I I saw that not very many people apply for that county and maybe that’s why, as there’s not much state land offered there. Yes I do have access to private land in that zone. 2 Years ago we bow hunted in Harding County and last year we bow hunted in mellett County. Both were great areas but I did not have access to private land with a rifle.

9. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

I spent a summer in Noxon, Mt getting licensed to guide elk in the early 2000's. It is a beautiful area and I will finally be heading back to that general area to bow hunt elk this year. I was licensed through Ray Hill/Wayne Hill outfitters. Have you been to that area before or any particular reason that area is your destination? If you have any questions shoot me a PM I learned a lot being out there. The hardest part is finding meaningful $$$$ work. I wish to retire to that area someday, until then I gotta make the money to do so.

Swampdog467 and WMU05 like this.
  10. BUCK_FEVER

BUCK_FEVER

I killed a nice 10 pt during Iowa archery this past season. Going to put in for Iowa points and go to Illinois Public for a DIY archery hunt.

thill likes this.
  11. IT.Fisherman

IT.Fisherman

Just set my 2021 Iowa Plans, Archery Rut hunt with Whiskey Ridge Hunts. Have 4 points now, hopefully no issues drawing a tag now.

thill, WMU05, III and 1 other person like this.
  12. rbrennan26

rbrennan26

Just found out yesterday I’ll be heading to Northern Missouri this upcoming deer season for a rut bow hunt. Have an old friend who has a farm there and invited me out. To say I’m excited is an understatement. Really good ground about 10 miles south of the Iowa border. 172” was taken off the farm this past season. In addition, he is leasing another farm that will offer more options. Keeping dates flexible (in case of weather) but thinking Nov 2nd thru 9th or 10th. Haven’t hunted out of state since 2010 (west central IL private 80 acre farm).

The Doob, WMU05, thill and 1 other person like this.
  13. thill

thill

My 2020 Illinois plans for public fell apart so I pushed them back to this year. Not sure where yet, still in the research/online scouting phase. I'll make a couple long weekend trips to scout out the terrain. Meanwhile building back points for IA and start putting in for KS.

Former grunt and shaffe48b like this.
  14. ducksarge

ducksarge

You are going to be very happy with Missouri. I lived there for a couple years and was amazed at the size of the anterlers on bucks compared to Michigan.

rbrennan26 likes this.