2020 fall salmon

Discussion in 'North West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by longline69, Jul 22, 2020.

1. rippin lip

rippin lip

I did witness a good sized kang surface while fishing skams yesterday. Local bait shop owner is worried about the popular spots getting shut down again once the crowds start heading that way.

2. Bob Hunter

Bob Hunter

He expressed those same concerns to me earlier this summer.

Brien maeder likes this.

3. michcats

michcats

Its sad but true people are peoples worst enemys luckily i dont go to any popular spots so i should be ok lets just hope so

4. MoJoRisin'

MoJoRisin'

Muskegon planters were labor day channel runners ...quite predictable as they were all born on the same day. Naturals are all different birthdays

Stand By, Fishfighter and SJC like this.
  5. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

I would bet heavily that popular places get shut down.. theres no way it's not going to happen

6. SteelieArm14

SteelieArm14

I will be checking a couple spots this weekend. That flip may have pushed a couple crank biters in.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

King Slayer and jmaddog8807 like this.
  7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Don't think people will go for any "shut down" Ron. Good luck buddy!

8. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Well I know that they closed Tippy Dam and they enforced it

9. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

they will n they have,, the sad thing is a few nuts mess it up for the rest of us,, like me, very seldom do i have another boat/fishermen with in 50 feet of me, n i can't row a boat with my broken back, so i just sit n wait till the gov. changes her mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ya ain't much of a fisherperson if ya can't find your own fish in a less crowed spot

10. Ojh

Ojh

Close them down? you mean public launches? Boaters aren't the ones not practicing social distancing, 2 guys in a boat outdoors should be plenty far enough apart.
    The Guides would take a huge hit if unable to launch, have to refund money etc, that can get ugly.

11. adam bomb

adam bomb

There were no qualms about doing it in March, i don’t think there’s any reason she won’t do it again in September. Salmon season is worse than steelhead with people at the Dam. They have to shut down the entire access to stop people from bank fishing so boaters get the shaft too at state owned facilities in those regions.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. Ojh

Ojh

lets hope for the best, over the years you get to know all the regulars on the river and many of the guides customers you get to know and say 'howdy' to. That is one of the things we enjoy about the river, the banter among fishermen. An empty river isn't quite the same, fish or no.

adam bomb likes this.
  13. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

buddy is going up today for the week, I will be sure to update if they are running ;-) jk

14. rippin lip

rippin lip

Dems Kangs be no good compared to the sushi grade that can be had right now! If she shuts down Kang BAng 2020, Lansing’s gonna burn!!!!
    I’m like the fall run chrome though, I come after the **** show to get my fill

Couple pics from this past Sunday, one bit a char jig tipped with 2 waxies and the other bit on a purple jig tipped with 2 waxies. Good luck to all that participate in the Kang Bang! E33F7214-F6DD-4F90-99DE-C34BC657BABA.jpeg 9A70BDFB-5CA2-4D11-ABA4-EA814A6D2959.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020