2020 350 LGND harvest results

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by BadgerRidge, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Slimits

Slimits

Wife took an 8 point with new bear creek ammo. Total pass through and literally blew up the lungs. Had to pick out peices of lungs while gutting. Very impressed. Did much better then win xp deer season that took a doe in early anterless.

bowhunter426 and NonTypicalCPA like this.
  2. aacosta

aacosta

Brother shot a doe last night, 180gr Winchester at 40 yards. Decent blood trail, lungs were shredded, complete pass through, dead in 40. Ribs broken. Shooting a GLFA AR15 with 18inch barrel. Happy with results. 1st deer with this setup

Driven2tri24 and NonTypicalCPA like this.

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Took a doe at 75 yards using the Bear Creek ammo. Impressive blood trail, even with the rain squalls. Went about 30 yards. In behind the right shoulder, out behind the left.

Driven2tri24 likes this.
  4. Ken

Ken

Shot another nice doe yesterday morning with the 150 Maker TREX handloads. Tucked it right behind the left shoulder, but the deer was angled more than I thought so it came out slightly rear, but did miss the paunch. One lung destroyed, liver also hit. Deer ran 120 yards, but the blood trail was impressive. Sprayed on trees, grass, etc. If it would have been broadside there is no way it would have gone that far.

Driven2tri24 and NonTypicalCPA like this.
  5. Driven2tri24

Driven2tri24

Yes .. second most accurate in the 4 350L's I currently have wit most averaging .75"@100yds for 5 shots.
    The Winchester 150 XP's are by far the best shooting rounds and most of my 350L testing has yielded many .5"@100yds groups . If your 350L won't shoot either of these loads MOA then that is the exception.

The Hornady 165FTX factory ammo averages 1.25-1.4" groups after a lot of testing I believe it's thicker jacket requires more pressure than loaded by factory.
    The Win 180's are a 1.5-1.75" grouping round for me.
    Haven't shot the Federals(probably never going to waste my time) but I am anxious to get my hands on the bonded Win 160's to test..

6. Driven2tri24

Driven2tri24

I'm still shooting the MAX with the 180XTP pushed @2200fps...drops them like a hammer.
    In fact I used my load data to develop my loads for the 350L before anyone published it.

bowhunter426 and Luv2hunteup like this.
  7. Driven2tri24

Driven2tri24

My youngest killed a buck last year with the 150XP at 20yds. Recovered against far side against shoulder weighed 99.0 grains and expanded to .8". The jacket is tapered like an Accubond and keeps it together despite it's dramatic expansion. I believe it would've passed through had it not encountered bone.
    BiIb9%duSom7CpbrkIFOBQ.jpg wf26IOpkSwG3IOAzKy+kwg.jpg

8. sparky107

sparky107

I took a buck on the opener with the Hornady Custom/165 grain FTX rounds. The shot was 80 yards and the buck was facing me. I hit higher than I intended, but the buck dropped in his tracks. The bullet passed through his neck and traveled down his spinal column. It veered down near the last ribs, broke a rib and must have come to rest in the abdomen. There was no exit hole, but I did not recover the bullet. This was the first animal I have taken with the 350. I am now shooting the 170 grain American Whitetail rounds. Not because I am unhappy with the 165 FTX's, but because I would like to be able to compare performance.

Attached Files:

9. Scott A Carman

Scott A Carman

350 legend 180 g federal hi shock 4 point. Shot him running about 50 60 yrds dropped. 18" upper davison defence,mueller scope,psa lower lots of new parts. 11-18-2020 20201117_080706.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    d_rek and NonTypicalCPA like this.
  10. BadgerRidge

BadgerRidge

great posts! keep those field reports coming!

11. Walleye Wizard

Walleye Wizard

but I am anxious to get my hands on the bonded Win 160's to test.

I just ordered 2 boxes. You are talking about the bonded hollow point correct? I am currently shooting the Win 150 gr and they shoot really nice I just haven’t shot anything with the gun yet.

12. tnt1960

tnt1960

I took a spike on November 22nd using my Ruger American in 350 Legend with 150 grain Winchester Deer Season XP ammo. Dropped him in his tracks. He never took another step. He was about 70 yards out.

13. Driven2tri24

Driven2tri24

Lots of guys complaining about no pass thru’s or blood trails with the 150 XP’s...yet the deer hits the dirt quickly.
    FWIW I’ve yet to find a more accurate load followed closely by the Hornady 170’s.
    My best handloads don’t shoot as well as either of those two factory loads. They use a proprietary powder in the 150XP and have no intention of offering the bullet as a component either.
    I’ve found that Lil Gun will acheive much faster velocites but not as tight of groups as the mentioned factory loads in my rifles.

14. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

I receive Mike Bellm’s email blasts. The latest dealt one with bullet choices plus custom work for the 350 Legend. It’s worth requesting getting on his mailing list.

15. big buck 75

big buck 75

115 yard broadside shot at a doe, double lung with Winchester 150 XP’s. Complete pass through good 35 yard blood trail.