2018 Core Area CWD

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Liver and Onions, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

This info was put together by Jim S. after getting the numbers from the DNR. Sure wish Jim could post and comment for himself.

L & O

Core CWD.jpg

motdean likes this.
  2. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

In order to have confidence that enough sampling took place to find any possible disease, 1% of the deer population needs to be tested in each Twp.
    Reynolds with 67 tests ??? What the heck is with that ?

L & O

RF Pro and jr28schalm like this.

3. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Post # 2 is wrong. Here is the chart for determining sampling needs.
    I think you can download that and view if interested, probably not many will be interested.

4. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

In other words, CWD is spread by prevailing winds lol

jr28schalm and Sparky23 like this.
  5. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Will bump this for any Montcalm/Kent hunters who missed this from a month ago.

6. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

This Should have Included All Townships in Each of these Counties as my Township is Not List and if none were Tested the it Should Show Zero? It Lacks much as to Details but for Montcalm and Maybe Kent but why Not Provide whether Any were Tested in Every Township. Flawed Data as Where is Barton Township where Any Tested there in Newaygo. Since there is Nothing about my Township Appears None were Tested and yet it was a Part of Newaygo being in the Core Area???
    I don't put much into these Threads as it lacks All Townships and If Zero Were tested or 1 was or a few were or Just How Many were in Each Township in all of the Townships that Are a Part of The 2018 Core Area. Lacks a lot of Details...
    Newaygo1

7. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

LOL.
    If you want more detail get off your ass and use the FOI form and get it from the DNR. Then go thru the effort and time to put it into a format where others can view it quickly and easily.
    Beware though, someone who has never actually done anything like this will whine and cry because it does not contain info about his piece of property.
    Geez.

L & O

ridgewalker and swampbuck like this.
  8. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Bump for anyone not seeing this before.

L & O

jr28schalm likes this.
  9. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

One more bump.
    I still don't get why so few hunters in Reynolds Twp. get their deer tested. It was free and they are next door to a Twp with the highest infection rate.
    I also know nothing about the number of deer in Reynolds Twp.

L & O

10. Guy63

Guy63

So is there dead deer laying around this core area from CWD like EHD spots?

Sparky23 likes this.
  11. Guy63

Guy63

Do bucks spread more CWD breading then nose to nose contact?

12. Waif

Waif

There was a drop box in Howard city.
    Allowed self check ins during hours check stations were closed. (Morley had the nearest manned during hours check station , probably).

Reynolds deer numbers vary by site. No surprise there. I'll vouch for few if any deer on a couple sites....Other sites will have had more. But numbers should not affect whether or not to test.
    And Reynolds once had higher positives than it's neighbors before wider testing was being done. Or so I seem to recall...

13. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

Could be as simple as one cannot test what is not there to kill in the first place.

14. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Only one other year with positives to compare to: 2017.
    I don't think you recall correctly. The numbers by TWP are on the DNR site.

L & O

RF Pro likes this.
  15. Waif

Waif

I ain't chasin site numbers.(Should be out the door already, no disrespect)..
    Pierson Township had no positives when Reynolds did. (First year of positives in Reynolds ,or the second too maybe.)
    We were putting small amounts of bait here (Pierson) in the yard and getting occasional pics of deer for that delayed positives findings year or two .
    And of course discontinued the practice when C.W.D. regs ended it.

Newago / Montcalm boundary is within rifle shot. Kent /Montcalm boundary would require some elevation but is not that far.
    Positives leapfrogged and some how missed Newago and Pierson early on ,with Newago still not reporting any last I knew.