$200 Pig

Discussion in 'Feral Pig Control and Hunting' started by Liver and Onions, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

http://www.supergranch.com/packages.htm

While I was looking to see how many deer ranches were in Mecosta County(CWD issue) I saw that this place in Morley had some rather cheap pigs.
    I only came up with 2 deer farms in Mecosta County. This one and the one that everyone has heard of.

L & O

2. BeagleHunter&Fishermen

BeagleHunter&Fishermen

I was tempted to go on a hunt here until I did some research and found this, I figured I might as well pay a pig farmer $400 bucks to kill a pig at that point.

3. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Not exactly a great ad for a Super G pig hunt. Guessing not many animals are leaving that ranch these days unless they are in a DNR truck.

L & O

Timberdoodle2 likes this.
  4. triplelunger

triplelunger

Curious. Why not save $200 and butcher it up the way you want it?

5. junkman

junkman

Is it still considered hunting when you have walk up and kick the animal you want to shoot?

6. bowhunter19

bowhunter19

That's honestly unbelievable they are or were in business. Could never imagine going to something like that

7. triplelunger

triplelunger

No... but they sure taste good...

8. BeagleHunter&Fishermen

BeagleHunter&Fishermen

No, that is why I passed on the hunt.

9. toppm

toppm

That is an odd video.

10. BeagleHunter&Fishermen

BeagleHunter&Fishermen

I don't want to be that guy but it is "Hunts" like that, that give us real hunters a bad name. And most people I talk to that have done these pig hunts has said it is similar at other ranches.

Boardman Brookies likes this.
  11. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

It's not a hunt it's a harvest.

I think some folks should have to go in there a kill a pig. They would have a much better understanding of where food comes from.

Shagy likes this.
  12. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

I don't care if someone wants to kill their own pig for meat. Someone is going to kill farm raised pigs at some point. We killed plenty of farm raised animals on the farm as I was growing up. I was raised with killing animals for food. My problem comes with the parents who think this is the type of hunt that their kid should tape and then put it on the internet.
    How about just going to the ranch, killing your pig and then tell your friends you got to pick out a pig and shoot it for the family freezer.

L & O

13. Timberdoodle2

Timberdoodle2

i was asked to go along on one of these hunts with a nephew and his friends and my brother.. it is just like they showed it, plain ole shooting fish in a barrel. the nephew asked me i f wanted to take something and i refused and told hi i didnt want to go back to watch even.. same farm as the video.. the elk would walk right up to you and it was ironic that in the CABIN, there were pictures of some celebrities from radio shows or tv with there pics of trophy animals mostly elk... yuck in big letters,, i told my nephew my thoughts and he still went back and took his nephew along to show the big game hunting style... sad just plain sad.

jr28schalm likes this.
  14. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

That video was pathetic. So are those idiots. So you can go to this "ranch" and "hunt" a domestic pig? WTH is the point?

15. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

How about an ethical harvest? That idiot said he did want to shoot it in the hay. I think that was after the kid kicked it but before he threw a rock at it. He probably felt better about it after it ran a few yards away and shot it again. How about just walking up to it and plugging it, point blank, between the eyes to harvest it. This was a really weird video.