2 wheeled E-bikes in SGAs

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Divers Down, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

For $1400 that better come with one of those rubber bulbed squeezy horns and an orange flag.

Saw a guy towing a stand up paddle board behind a fat tire bike one time. I think. It was 4:30 in the morning and we were on the way to the boat launch. Was not expecting that.

2. ajkulish

ajkulish

It already has chrome 20's on it, how much more can you ask for?

Far Beyond Driven likes this.

3. Divers Down

Divers Down

May, 2018 FREEP article

In Michigan, a new state law classifies e-bikes, paradoxically, as non-motorized vehicles. As of Jan. 28, they're rated the same as ordinary bikes for traffic enforcement. Not so on Michigan's bike paths and nature trails. The new law gives trail managers and oversight boards a choice: They can stand back and let the newbies glide alongside regular hikers and bikers, and even horseback riders. Or they can hold public hearings to let community users weigh in, then vote.

Duckman Racing likes this.
  4. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

th

that is wild, i've ridden one that will do 35mph with minimal effort. (pedal assist)

5. grassmaster

grassmaster

My garage is full of fat tire e-bikes, there awesome, but the stupid no mechanical driven vehicle rule is absurd.
    you cant even run pedal bikes on state land near me.
    if anybody is looking for one or wants a test ride, pm me.
    I have 6 more flat black ones coming in March. 750 watt, 48 volt.

JSchipper and Divers Down like this.
  6. Zofchak

Zofchak

I've been using my Rad Mini field hunting for two seasons now, but not at any of the refuges. It's a great tool for those large fields where there's just no place close by to park the truck/trailer. Saves the long walk and time wasted back to the decoys, and then again back to the truck.

Divers Down likes this.
  7. Divers Down

Divers Down

Ebikes don't leave a “footprint” any worse than pedal bikes, pull carts or mud motors.
    But I'm pessimistic with this state making good policies to promote hunting and fishing opportunities.

8. FISHMANMARK

FISHMANMARK

I don't disagree... However, where do you draw the line? If a 2 wheeled ebike is OK, why not a 4 wheeled electric golf cart? If an electric cart is OK, why not a gas cart? If a gas cart is OK, why not a UTV?

Canvsbk and Wolverine423 like this.
  9. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Simple solution > Just peddle the damn bike! It isn’t like you have to go 20 miles...

BumpRacerX likes this.
  10. Divers Down

Divers Down

Tell my dad that with 2 bad knees that loves to duck hunt. His options are limited now to very short walks. Tough luck for him i guess...
    Similar remarks were made about Xbows…"just shoot a compound" but many cant for reasons.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  11. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It would be nice if there was a way older, or handicapped, hunter could still be able to get in to hunt.

Divers Down likes this.
  12. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Refer to post #23. It really doesn’t get much clearer than that.

13. Zofchak

Zofchak

I take it you've never peddled a bike though a muddy corn field? :) I'll admit I'm not in the shape that I used to be, but I've ridden my fair share of centuries (100 miles a day on bike) in the past. Even at that, there's no way I'd be keeping a bike upright peddling though what I can get a fat tire ebike through. Not to mention, the hunt is far more enjoyable when I'm not swimming in my own sweat from peddling back to the decoys in full hunting attire.

ajkulish, Fowl Play and Divers Down like this.
  14. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Well zofchat you have me all wrong friend. I mountain bike year round. I know what it takes to hunt off a fat tire bike. Not going to argue with you. We all have aches & pains. If there is a will, you will find a way.

BumpRacerX likes this.